Search the forum,

Discuss Customer Wanting Advice in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

J Sid

I wouldn't except a yes from a shop unless they produce a tec sheet from the tile manufacturers stating it was ok.

P

prof3ssor

i am considering both gulfstone and cheaper copies

from what i can see ... gulfstone = good for UFH but gunna cost me £80 pm

cheaper copy from tile magic = no good for UFH gunna cost £40 pm .... but will it last ??? any experience please

P

prof3ssor

can probably live without the underfloor heating.. if the £40 pm tiles are decent enough to last

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
thank you macten
how is it that some quartz can be ok with UFH... is it just a matter of quality??
both topps tiles and discount tiles were happy to sell me UFH with their tiles haha
also couldnt find the grey sparkle ones on CTD website

Thank you TT what is the £5 difference for do you think.. quality or proffit and have you used either of those

thanks

CTD will have the grey on display in store. It's down to quality and thickness and all the adhesive manufacturers I've quizzed about fitting composite tiles have all said you can't beat Gulfstone. Did my neighbours bathroom floor in grey gulfstone from CTD a couple of years ago:
P1010381.JPG
Admittedly these were 30x30s but they do silver grey in 30x60, 40x40 and they can order in 60x60s. I'll find out what kind of price they give to traders.

Last edited:

Reply to Customer Wanting Advice in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen