Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Critique this Tiling Job in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello, I'm not a tiler, I'm a customer. Just had a job done, a little bit to finish off tomorrow. In general an ok quality except I cannot stand the corners and it is poor/scabby around the window. Is this acceptable, yes or no, what if anything could/should be done to improve.

Is there a trim that could go in corners or around the window.

Not happy.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.
TT

20190415_184434.jpg
20190415_184441.jpg
20190415_184454.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Sorry but it seems it has been poorly set out, and poorly executed.

Cranbrook

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Set out could have been perhaps improved but not the end of the world.. your pictures don't really show much

OP
T
Reaction score
The plumber said that the tiler should have offset the center line and have a small tile at each side or one side. You know what tile is a very special skill.

O

One Day

Easiest bodge is to simply rake out the grout on the slithers and next to the trim on the window and re-grout with a colour best matching the tile.
That would disguise the chips a little and take your eye away from the slithers.
Stupid mistake on the set out and poor quality cutting.

OP
T
Reaction score
I did say that to the plumber, it is a bodge though. Grey grout and white tiles, leaves nowhere to hide. How would you approach rectifying the two corners?

Cranbrook

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
There should begin silicone in the corner, whereas it looks like it's grout at present. Them thin slithers don't really align either which is obviously not great

O

Old Mod

The trim against the window, firstly why is it there?
Secondly, how far below the window does it go?
Difficult to assess possible solution with such a close up image I’m afraid.

Reply to Critique this Tiling Job in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock