Search the forum,

Discuss Cleaning mixer paddles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tileman

Hi all, Does anyone have a good method of cleaning floor tile adhesives such as Rapid set off of mixer paddles, I give them a quick whisk after mixing a batch but it still builds up, are there any chemicals to soak them in over night.
john

H

hillhead

I always keep a good stiffish hand brush in the same bucket and after spinning it through the water i then brush it down and dip it again.good habit that works well.

D

diamondtiling

Same as Joe, if it does build up I leave it in a solution of concrete cleaner at the weekend, comes out like new, don't make the solution too strong and keep it locked away from pets and the kids. Once its dry I spray mine with hammerite, had it nearly 10 years so must be doing something right.

:thumbsup:

D

david campbell

some acid brickwork cleaner can come in handy to soak tools in if they become clogged up with adhesive:thumbsup:

Reply to Cleaning mixer paddles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen