Search the forum,

Discuss Building out mosaics. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

trevortine

Heres a method i use when mosaics are a lot thinner than the tiles. Cut strips of 4mm plywood and use to build out. Its a lot easier than trying to build out with adhesive and gives good results. Apply adhesive to both sides of wood, stick into place and then place mosaics on top, use a small level to push flush with tiles, hey presto!

Attachments

• 207.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 208.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 209.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 210.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 211.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 51
T

Time's Ran Out

Its a method I used a couple of times many years ago and even with plasterboard for thicker stone/thin glass mosaic.
However its not as time effective as using a screed template the size and thickness of your mosaics and mixing up fast set flexible white adhesive.
Also is stops any differential substrate movement in the material which can cause cracking at the joints.

S

seamonkey

Have you tried super pro mosaic packers. brilliant bit of kit, don't use them all the time but great to keep on the van and use when needed

Reaction score
got me thinking there...... dog eared screed??

Then I realised thats how I do it too... the template has ears!!! DOH! :lol::lol:

T

trevortine

As you can see this aint no swimming pool, its a dry section of wall in a bathroom, time wise i find this a lot quicker and easier, everyone to their own though:thumbsup:

2Balls

Hi, Depending on the job, I use templates, Wedi, and customised Adhesive combs.(cut to width)3mm,5mm,6mm,8mm,10mm

:8:2balls

Reply to Building out mosaics. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen