Search the forum,

Discuss Black limestone paving not black in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cove1974

View attachment patio.BMP
I know this topic has been covered in other threads but I am after some confirmation on a problem we are having with our new patio. The patio has been laid by a local builder who has done a good job but the appearance of the black limestone paving is not quite what we expected. I know it is a natural product that will have some variation. As you can see from the attached picture
cove1974

the stone isn't very black.We have power washed it in the hope that it was just ground in dust but there are still large grey patches. The builder has confirmed that he used brick acid to clean down the stone, I have read on other threads that this is not a good idea, you can see the splash marks. Will the stone oil that has been recommended elsewhere even out the colour before applying sealant to the stone?
Thanks

Reply to Black limestone paving not black in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen