Search the forum,

Discuss black grout stain on polished porcelain in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi I've just laid 26m2 of wood effect polished porcelain tiles (quite high end from Italy. Fioronese urban wood)
After laying them I cleaned then with ltp grimex to remove factory wax, then sealed using ltp sealer impregnator left for 20 mins then buffed them up. I left them for 24 hrs to cure then grouted in black (nightmare I know) then I washed them off then polished only to find that the grout had stained the tiles.

My question is is there a realistic way of removing these stains. My feeling is no but if anyone out there can advise I would greatly appreciate it.
I just can't see where I went wrong. I'm totally gutted.

IMG_0426.JPG

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I would start off with a porcelain specific cement residue remover, testvonly 1-2 tiles in a descreet area. dilute 1-3 or as stated, pre wet your joints, ( you don't want to burn your black grout joints grey) flash clean 1-2 min with brush or white pad. Rinse , dry , re test a stronger dilution if req.

What make of grout is it.?

Did they advise to remove the wax first? This could have protected you

Reaction score
Also I noticed even pencil marks caused stains on the tiles during installation so I don't think the factory wax would of helped against this

McLovin

TF
Reaction score
Shot in the dark but I had some cheap ceramic white tiles stain when I used Bal Ash grout. The staining was on every tile and no cleaning product could sort it. Bal Technical had no idea. I crapped my pants if I am honest as i would have had to pay for them to be replaced.

The only thing that worked an absolute treat were Flash Magic Sponges. Saved my bacon. Had to raid the local asda but they were well worth it.
I always keep a few boxes in the van just incase.

Reply to black grout stain on polished porcelain in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen