Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Best Tile Cutter Blades - Rubi Cpc, Montolit Dna, Ats Diamond Blade And Dewalt Wheel in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

I

Ian

Which is the point I am trying to find, In this case, so far at least I dont think price is justified,

Massive difference for a DNA, and by the sound of it it isn't justified. I've had my dewalt 2.5 years now and I'm still on the first blade, I reckon the 2 blades that came with it will last me 10 years, I only do stone with it though, might be different if I was putting porcelain through it every week.

G

Gazzer

20131210_092515.jpg The DNA and the ATS wheel

20131210_095116.jpg 20131210_112602.jpg The Rubi DNA wheel.

20131210_112024.jpg 20131210_112019.jpg The ATS Diamond wheel

20131210_112324.jpg 20131210_112332.jpg The Montolit DNA wheel.

These are the worst of the cuts.

I

Ian

The rubi looks the best by far, the other 2 do look like they need bedding in a bit, the Monty especially.

C

Concrete guy

This is interesting thanks Neale.

I knew I should have sent up a Porcelain continuous rim also.

I think you're right that the design of continuous rim will provide a better cut by default.

G

Gazzer

Yes the continous rim would have been better but i was shocked by the DNA wheel.....after all the hype it has received I expected a lot better !

C

charlie1

Wonder how the inverted 'A' from diatech would compare for around £100 for the one that fits the dewalt 24000 (fair price)!

G

Gazzer

Wonder how the inverted 'A' from diatech would compare for around £100 for the one that fits the dewalt 24000 (fair price)!

If they want to send one I will tell you :lol:, Actually I think thats the one Joe @Hillhead has talked about.

G

Gazzer

I will give it a try but I thought fairer that i used the wheels on the same machine and although the 230mm Sigma 86C wheel and the 86b could fit the DW2400 i would need a bore reducer from 30mm to 25.4mm

S

Sigma UK

Yeah, didn't think about that one. We do have the sleeve to bring the bore size down if you ever needed one.

G

Gazzer

Yeah I remember you saying, I will run a tile through the 9P when I get chance with both wheels though and see the results....not looking forward to getting it dirty though !!!

S

Sigma UK

I'm going to send the pics back to Italy Neale. They will love to see what you done with it. Vauxhall blue?. :thumbsup:

G

Gazzer

yeah It was the closest colour I could get from Halfrauds, Vauxhall Pastel Blue.
I wish I had gone for powder coating now....Oh well i will save that for when I get a 10M :lol:

Reply to Best Tile Cutter Blades - Rubi Cpc, Montolit Dna, Ats Diamond Blade And Dewalt Wheel in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks