Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Wet tile saw in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all. I'm new to the forum and after a bit of advice on a new wet saw. I've read all the recent threads on here but not really found enough to go on.
I'm a bathroom fitter so I'm tile pretty much every week, I've been using a vitrex 750 wet saw for a while and have got through a few of them. Always having problems with the guide getting bent at the back so not able to push tiles through.
The most recent one I had seemed to drift off by a few mm too.
I've decided I need to invest in something a lot better so after some advice. I know the dewalt 24000 seems very impressive, although very expensive. Been looking at the rubi nd200 also which is half the price.
I do a lot of tile albeit mainly small bathrooms so need something that's going to last!
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

W

White Room

The nd200 has been a god send, replaced with a better blade though, changed the on/off switch last year other than that been all good and would recommend.

P

p4ulo

I removed the screws from the guard holder on my Vitrex, and make sure the holes are clean, so it can slide about a bit and never had any problems with it.
I think if I was busier though I'd want something better.....folks seem to only have good things to saw about the DEWALT.
If you find a Buy One Get one Free, give us the free one please??!

OP
J

Jon84

TF
Reaction score
The Dewalt looks amazing, it's so much money but if I'm using it every week then I'm thinking it would pay for itself.
Only thing I was concerned about is angled cuts on 600mm tiles?
Or anything bigger than that for that matter. For that price I would want it to be able to cut tiles bigger than that!
Is it the DNA blade you changed to on your nd200 @whitebeam?
Thanks for replies

W

White Room

The Dewalt looks amazing, it's so much money but if I'm using it every week then I'm thinking it would pay for itself.
Only thing I was concerned about is angled cuts on 600mm tiles?
Or anything bigger than that for that matter. For that price I would want it to be able to cut tiles bigger than that!
Is it the DNA blade you changed to on your nd200 @whitebeam?
Thanks for replies

Yes it was, I've cut 800x600 limestone on my ND.

OP
J

Jon84

TF
Reaction score
Been reading a few threads on the Dewalt and a lot of people saying they only use them on jobs with stone?
Would I Be better off with a rubi nd200? All my jobs are average sized bathrooms with ceramic or porcelain usually?
Don't want to splash out if it's too heavy duty for what I need?

OP
J

Jon84

TF
Reaction score
I just want one that cuts straight. The vitrex one was a nightmare as the metal bracket that holds the water guard easily bends and once it's bent it's pretty much useless.
The rubi comes with a box which is a great start!
Any others worth looking at other than those two?

Reply to Wet tile saw in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock