Discuss Best Tile Cutter Blades - Rubi Cpc, Montolit Dna, Ats Diamond Blade And Dewalt Wheel in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

Gazzer

Ever in my search of understanding price v quality of diamond wheels I have in my possession now a Rubi CPC, A Montolit DNA, An ATS and a DeWalt wheel. All these go onto the DW24000 and all the same diameter.
Now while its not a fair test as I am expecting teh Montolit wheel to be the better of the bunch ..a.s it should be if price is anything to go on....but what would you be looking at when trying a new wheel in your wet cutter?

Best Tile Cutter Blades - What's the best tile cutter blade out there?
Rubi CPC, Montolit DNA, ATS Diamond Blade and DeWalt Wheel

Minimal chipping ?
Speed ?
Smoothness ?
Long lasting ?
Noise ?...yes some wheels produce more noie than others.
Would you accept less than perfect if the price was right ?

I will be cutting some Lounge Dark Grey Porcelain tomorrow and trying all these wheels to see for myself, hopefully if weather permits I can take a few photos too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I

Ian

Minimal chipping/cleanness of cut is the most important to me, even if it takes a little longer to cut, that's the most important factor.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Same as Bri but if the blade was shot after one job then they'd have to be mega cheap.

S

Stef

I think we could be in for a shock here Neale.
It will be surprising to see the real world results of these blades.
I have just swapped over to the DNA for my Dewalt & it gives a very good cut.

G

Gazzer

Well I am thinking that it will be as expected with the more expensive of the wheels performing best but how much the difference is ...who knows ?

C

Concrete guy

I'm really looking forward to this test.

We've sold a large number of these blades at 115mm, 125mm & 200mm (so many 200mm we've run out of stock). We have a 180mm in the pipeline, but we've never sold a single 250mm.

I'm wondering if the price is actually putting people off, along the lines of it can't be that good if it's a quarter of the cost of a premium blade.

What I'm really interested in is how it performs compared to blades that are three and four times the price. Should be a good test, that's a proper cross section of value you've got there. In hindsight I should also have sent you up a 250mm continuous rim porcelain blade as well as the turbo one.

Q

Qwerty

I'm the same as others- minimal chipping and a nice clean cut paramount. Interesting to see how they perform on a 45' too as I heard some blades stray and found this on my old Rubi wet saw. Never experienced it on my dewalt though. Looking forward to the results Neale :)

W

White Room

Same as everyone else, minimal chipping and smoothness of cut which I find I get with the DNA blade but for the price it should be. If I found a similar blade that done the same and cheaper then I'd give that a try.

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Sounding like a broken record in here, minimal chipping is a must. Rubi wheels give a lovely cut but seem to wear quite quick, Marcrist is probably my wheel of choice for porcelain but I keep some from Beava for almost everything else. Really good value budget wheel.

P

Peter

I'm really looking forward to this test.

We've sold a large number of these blades at 115mm, 125mm & 200mm (so many 200mm we've run out of stock). We have a 180mm in the pipeline, but we've never sold a single 250mm.

I'm wondering if the price is actually putting people off, along the lines of it can't be that good if it's a quarter of the cost of a premium blade.

What I'm really interested in is how it performs compared to blades that are three and four times the price. Should be a good test, that's a proper cross section of value you've got there. In hindsight I should also have sent you up a 250mm continuous rim porcelain blade as well as the turbo one.

Any plans to make a 'J' groove DNA/Sigma type blade? A 250mm for around £100 would be an instant hit.

G

Gazzer

Best Tile Cutter Blades - What's the best tile cutter blade out there? - Results coming in.

Rubi CPC, Montolit DNA, ATS Diamond Blade and DeWalt Wheel

Well I had forgot that I had thrown the standard Dewalt wheel away as it had reached the end of its life. So I had the Rubi CPC, The ATS diamond wheel and the Montolit DNA to try.
First of all I used the Rubi CPC and the cut was good enough for me with very minimal chipping, mostly you could not tell the cut edge from the factory finish.
I then swapped wheel for the ATS diamond wheel. Having used their wheels before I have experienced that its best to run through a few tiles before testing so as to bed the wheel in. This I did and the started cutting ....I was left with a very acceptable cut but with more chipping than the Rubi CPC. I tried about 20 cuts and then stoped to change wheel.
Up next was the Montolit DNA wheel, I had high hopes for this wheel but experienced the same chipping as with the ATS Diamond wheel. Although not drastic it wasnt what I had hoped for. I also noticed that the Montolit seemed louder..in fact it was very uncomfortable on my ears !

I fully expect the later 2 wheels to improve after a good bedding in period and I believe the secret with the Rubi CPC wheel was the continous rim which gave the best finish.
Time will tell how long these will last but if I had known or seen these wheels in action before I would have probaly gone for the ATS diamond wheel and saved a small fortune !
I know some of you may disagree with this but I can only speak as I find. I will upload a few photo latter and see if I can get them in the correct order. :thumbsup:

G

Gazzer

Actually having just checked the price of the Rubi CPC, it would probably be my choice .

I

Ian

I put a DNA on my grinder at the start of the year and have to say wasn't overly impressed, I switched back to the pro-gres around July time and it is definitely the better of the 2. Strange how price doesn't always reflect the best quality.

G

Gazzer

I put a DNA on my grinder at the start of the year and have to say wasn't overly impressed, I switched back to the pro-gres around July time and it is definitely the better if the 2. Strange how price doesn't always reflect the best quality.

Which is the point I am trying to find, In this case, so far at least I dont think price is justified,

Reply to Best Tile Cutter Blades - Rubi Cpc, Montolit Dna, Ats Diamond Blade And Dewalt Wheel in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks