Search the forum,

Discuss Wet Cutter in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bobbin

Evening all,
So getting back into the swing of it all again and need to get myself a new wet cutter. Was going to go for a Dewalt D24000 with a Montolit DNA blade and then noticed that for a bit more I can ha e the Rubi DC250 1200 and then add a Montolit DNA blade.

So my question is if it was your money simply on the cutters themselves would you go for the Rubi?

Thanks

O

Old Mod

I've got the Rubi,
I'm very pleased with it and I run a DNA in it too!
Once u've lined everything up, bought the laser add on and the side extension table, it's excellent for the money I think.
Straight and true, powder coating could be a lot better, and it's a lump to drag about at about 70Kg buts it's solid as a rock!

I've owned a similar machine to the dewalt, had its purpose at the time being so compact, but ur still very limited with the fixed side cutting head, and materials are getting larger by the day.

If I need a compact cutter because of space restrictions I use the Rubi TC180
Brilliant piece of kit, and no tile size to big, and one of the most accurate cutters u'll use, pin point!

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bobbin

Thanks for getting back to me mate. I had the dewalt a few years ago but had to stop tiling but getting back into it again and seen the rubi and wondered if that is the way forward. Especially with the larger cutting capacity. Not sure about the laser though, always found them a gimmic???

O

Old Mod

Reason I put laser on was because its a plunge saw u have to keep raising and lowering the head.
Up to check alignment, down to cut.
So imagine the scene......heavy piece limestone, u need 15mm taking off.
To line it up, lift head, hit marks.
To cut lower head.
So u've got to push head down, tighten screw nut and hold a heavy piece of limestone or it will fall off table!
Left elbow on stone, left hand pulls down head and right hand tightens nut!
Easy choice for £18 haha

B

bobbin

Very good point, may as well invest in that if that's my choice. I take it trade tiler is the best place to get it?
Will check the reviews, thanks Dan

B

bobbin

Seems from reading there have been a few people not happy with the rubi, a lot of money to spend if there is any issues with it

A

Aston

2 completely different tile saws. The dewalt essentially cuts upto 600mm but, its a very compact saw in terms of the way it uses space and the way it contains water.

I havent used that particular rubi but I have owned a dw200n and dw250n and they both sprayed alot of water and they both cut off line! they both rusted quite quickly so the only advantage the rubi has is the cutting length. the question you have to ask yourself is how often do you cut tiles/stone of that lengh for it to be worth the outlay?? You can normally pick up a quality 2nd hand dewalt for about £450-600 on ebay so, if you add a hand held dewalt dwc410 for those long cuts, you pretty much have all bases touched...just my opinion

Reply to Wet Cutter in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen