Discuss Best Tile Adhesive 2010 - Popular Tile Adhesive Companies In The Uk in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

sgd tiling

mapei for me,its the best by a country mile,but not keen at all on the grouts very time consuming

N

NVH Stone & Cer

At the age of 35 years young and tiling all my working life. I have used most adhesives out there. But i must say to all fellow tilers if you can get to use KeraKoll try it. I stand by what i say "This will become the best in the world". It puts Mapei to shame.

G

Gazzer

At the age of 35 years young and tiling all my working life. I have used most adhesives out there. But i must say to all fellow tilers if you can get to use KeraKoll try it. I stand by what i say "This will become the best in the world". It puts Mapei to shame.

Rubbish, tried it and its just "Ok" and the forum has had a fair share of bad reports recently using it too.

B

borgie

i have used Butech from porcelanosa, the most this year, on site work. if i have to buy, it's mapei, due to price.

S

Saltire69

Use Mapei all the time but if they keep putting the prices up the way they are will be looking to change! Still get a good deal from Tile Giant though(Thx Gillian).

N

NVH Stone & Cer

As a new member on here and finding my way around. Can you please point me in the right direction to the bad reports on KerKoll. As for your comment of "just ok" i have to disagree with you. Other adhesives in the poll are "just ok". Any adhesive out of Italy is well above "just ok". Am also liking KeraKoll as a company with thier push on Environment impact that our trade makes. God sounds like i work for them PMSL

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I know Dave had issues with some sample adhesive he recently used, I think it was their SLC actually, and he not only had issues, he tried to get support on the issue and he got no reply from them. He was well willing to give them a good go and was let down. I can't find the thread but it'll probably be in the adhesive forum somewhere.

Clearly Kkol hasn't been used much by our members in the last few years as our annual poll's show. There's normally a reason behind that.

D

diamondtiling

Well we must all be doing something wrong, that is a big sweeping comment about mapei and fully unjustified. To compare them with Kerrakoll and describe them as poor is ludicrous.
I use 4 or 5 adhesives depending on what I am fixing and where in the country I am working, I tried kerrakoll twice, it was ok and that is how I would describe it, just ok, 5 out of 10.

As a new member on here and finding my way around. Can you please point me in the right direction to the bad reports on KerKoll. As for your comment of "just ok" i have to disagree with you. Other adhesives in the poll are "just ok". Any adhesive out of Italy is well above "just ok". Am also liking KeraKoll as a company with thier push on Environment impact that our trade makes. God sounds like i work for them PMSL

http://www.tilersforums.com/tile-ad...0-help-tile-grout-kerakoll-colour-change.html
http://www.tilersforums.com/tile-adhesive-grout-substrate-preparation/38346-kerakoll-adhesive-2.html

http://www.tilersforums.com/tile-ad...ation/34827-kerakoll-rep-ran-mile-warned.html

Many more available, some are good and some bad. But none of them make statements completely dismissing them.

:thumbsup:

N

NVH Stone & Cer

Sorry are we not all in the same game here. This is a poll to find most used adhesive and Mapei will be top next year too. At no point have i said Mapei is "Poor" in any of my comments. Mapei is the best in the world right now. Micky Mouse could start making adhesive and it could be the dog's nuts or dog's poo to use. But it could top the poll PMSL.

Have we all not had a problem with grout and colour changes in the past?

Two big companies didn't do a thing for my company this year when we had this problem. As a contractor yourself you know 9 times out of 10 we have to sort it out ourselfs. You may ask why i didn't use KeraKoll grout. A main contractor asked for a different make, and at the time of the other problem KeraKoll didn't have their new colour range out.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry are we not all in the same game here. This is a poll to find most used adhesive and Mapei will be top next year too. At no point have i said Mapei is "Poor" in any of my comments. Mapei is the best in the world right now. Micky Mouse could start making adhesive and it could be the dog's nuts or dog's poo to use. But it could top the poll PMSL.

Two big companies didn't do a thing for my company this year when we had this problem. As a contractor yourself you know 9 times out of 10 we have to sort it out ourselfs. You may ask why i didn't use KeraKoll grout. A main contractor asked for a different make, and at the time of the other problem KeraKoll didn't have their new colour range out.

Actually, a new poll has been running annually for a few years now. And Mapei have sponsored us for the whole time, yet this year is the first year they're actually leading the poll (which still hasn't ended yet). So your claims are just your thoughts but not true. BAL has always had the lead, and that was also known within the industry (and this involved their quality and their availability). If you go to the first thread in this 2011 poll you can find links to the other polls and see the results for yourself.

Our polls are quite accurate and there isn't actually anything similar done for the tile industry by anybody else. It's nice market research for all the adhesive companies. Inc Kkoll.

D

diamondtiling

That was my mistake, I should have read back before typing.

Although "puts mapei to shame" is not much better.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Mapei are a decent adhesive and company IMO. Adhesives are brilliant, grout range is second to none and actually match their silicones which I find really good too. Though to be fair some say their adhesives are a bit stiffer than others, I tend to like it like that way but haven't used it day in day out all over summer for example.

And they're the worlds largest manufacturer of building materials with 47 factories all around the world. So you know for sure they know what they're doing.

M

mikethetile

I dont really understand why this has become a contentios issue the question was which addy did you use most this year

simple question just needs a simple answer

some have posted to say that for various reasons the addy they used most is not their addy of choice

but no one asked anywhere what we thought the best addy was or what we should be using

Reply to Best Tile Adhesive 2010 - Popular Tile Adhesive Companies In The Uk in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Carr
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks