Search the forum,

Discuss Being too fussy? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Having a tiling job redone, because of a previous poor effort. the tiler has put down most of the tiles prior to grouting.

a couple of the tiles have lips in them. Quite noticeable. Am I being to fussy? Is it a major thing for him to correct the two tiles? they are 600mmx600mm tiles.

Reaction score
87E149AC-79B0-4B87-B96E-C547BC3847D1.jpeg

Paulg83

TF
Reaction score
Unfortunately remove high tile(s) and then lay them flat but also hoping they come up easy enough which is doubtful, hope you have some spares. Looks like a trip hazard from that picture

Reaction score
We have provided him with quite a bit more than needed so that’s not the issue.

we were clear from the start about the importance of levelling and would have paid to have it latexed. He knows this. So I’m hopeful it won’t be an issue to rectify but based on the attitude of tradesmen I have dealt with recently they don’t get if they want paying they need to do what the customer wants.

Paulg83

TF
Reaction score
We have provided him with quite a bit more than needed so that’s not the issue.

we were clear from the start about the importance of levelling and would have paid to have it latexed. He knows this. So I’m hopeful it won’t be an issue to rectify but based on the attitude of tradesmen I have dealt with recently they don’t get if they want paying they need to do what the customer wants.
He's created a problem which he must rectify or he doesn't get paid, lippage of any sort isn't acceptable but of that nature on a floor is ridiculous workmanship

Reply to Being too fussy? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen