Search the forum,

Discuss Bearing Scoring Wheels for RUBI Tile Cutters - Used them? Any good? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Bearing Scoring Wheels for RUBI Tile Cutters - Used them? Any good?

They've been out for a little while now and I'm wondering if anybody has had a good go at using them.

Screen Shot 2015-07-29 at 20.07.56.png

18mm GOLD BEARINGS Rubi Scoring Wheel TS, TR £17.65 in stock - next day UK delivery plus Tile Cutters and Tiling Tools

Last edited:
R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

this is the wrong way to go dust bearing never mix well .oil filled cutting wheel is the way to go .but the problem with that is they would last far to long .some would love it guess who would not i give you a clue it begins with R

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Oil and dust doesn't go well either.

Seems to be a neat feature. Anything with bearings in is man-cave stuff.

R

Oil and dust doesn't go well either.

Seems to be a neat feature. Anything with bearings in is man-cave stuff.
glass cutting oil fed on a fibara flex cleaning the dust every time you cut

R

the point here is its not whats on the inside of a cutting wheel as that does no cutting its what on the out side that matters as that what does the cutting .the harder and the thin point makes all the diffrence

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I undestand point-pressure.

But I did used to get flat spots on the odd scoring wheel (other brands not just rubi) when they jammed due to the innards not spinning freely.

Haven't used oil wheels. Not that I know of anyway. But I'd have loved some bearings!

I used to skateboard, then BMX, then mountain bike, now downhill bike, I even had bearings in a nokia scirocco that were developed by a rally team or something the sales blurb said, so I love my bearings me.

Reply to Bearing Scoring Wheels for RUBI Tile Cutters - Used them? Any good? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen