Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom project - Work in progress in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davemul

I AM SOOOO SLOW AT TILING!! and why do I always make such a mess, no matter how clean I try to stay

dry adhesive in chest hair HURTS!

54bfc713.jpg

oooh also..

can anyone advise how I am best cutting curves in tiles so I can tile flush to the shower mixer ???

eafb3635.jpg

Q

Qwerty

So glad the laying out work on the stud wall with the niches. Well laid out mate :thumbsup:

Vodka time yet????? :lol:

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Coming along Dave, I didn't know you could plaster as well, are you sure you work in the city?

Let me guess two coats of Thistle Board Finish and plaster all down your front from the downlighter holes?

I do my own plastering and I'm at the same stage as you in my current bathroom.

D

davemul

Vodka definately later Geoff! thanks for the kind comments mate

Bob, deffo a city dweller unfortunately!

was putting it off.... first time plastering!

had loads left over so I decided to plaster the downstairs loo aswell!

0742a6c3.jpg

0a0f2a51.jpg

20581ce3.jpg

used to look like this..

3faa9adc.jpg

61b2ba7b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Stef

Dave i think your pulling our leg, 1st time plastering? ive watched a fair amount of plastering being done over the years & the 1st time i tried i had to phone my m8 to come & "rescue" me, still wouldnt attempt it now. I tile, my m8 plasters.

S

Stef

Forgot to say, the bathroom is looking well, keep up the good work. put a few so called "tilers" too shame! :thumbsup:

D

davemul

Haha, ok ok ive practised in the garden on old plasterboard and I did the kitchen splashbacks when I removed the old tiles and it took half the wall off! but thats it, I promise! It always ooks good wet... im waiting till it dries!

Got the hang of curved cuts today and a few more tiles have gone up. Im seriously going through adhesive!

Time for a large vodka and a film I think! night all, thanks for the feedback... its much appreciated... wouldnt have got this far without you guys :)

a6303b6c.jpg

cebdbd6f.jpg

3c072118.jpg

22fae32d.jpg

Reply to Bathroom project - Work in progress in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen