Discuss Bathroom project - Work in progress in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

davemul

Apologies mods of this needs to go elsewhere.. please feel free to move it or bin it!

Riiiight.. here goes....

We've been in our first house nearly 2 years now. We've (well ... more like I'VE!) done everything else bar the bathroom. It's an old 1800's cottage so the bathroom was in a pretty bad way. Solidly built but nasty and OLD!

I decided a few weeks ago to RIP it out and start from the beginning.

First task was to move the hot water cylinder from in the bathroom to a new cupboard outside the room (thanks to Scruff from ultimatehandyman.co.uk for the advice!)

Now you see it...

7599aa0b.jpg

Now you dont!

984bc1db.jpg

Ive taken quite a lot out..

CARNAGE

6ea9c026.jpg

80443c6c.jpg

Well, I picked up a load of bits today..

Marmox goods and tiles!

dd3c2c45.jpg

25b0ec7e.jpg

57a0edf2.jpg

98dac92b.jpg

8fe80143.jpg

New shower pump for the house too

89a80179.jpg

Also have taken delivery of a taptile wireless light switch system Taptile - Ditch the switch one-touch mood lighting and dimming solutions for the bathroom and kitchen

6 astro glass downlights

an airflow icon15 extractor fan

and some Polk RC60i ceiling speakers

and a couple of remote water isolation switches about surestop

More bits arrive tomorrow.. i'll update this thread as I go along... im taking next week off to start the plumbing and install!

Last edited by a moderator:

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing the progress Dave. Nothing like doing it all yourself.
Especially good when it's your own home as all those little problems you come across are treated as a
challenge and satisfying when overcome whereas on a paid job they are just a PITA

D

davemul

Few more bits arrived today, a few boxes from Grohe

21e0f613.jpg

concealed cistern

63f36772.jpg

concealed fixed shower head

7688280a.jpg

some taps for the basin

and the most expensive toilet flush ever.. dont ask me WHY! I just thought a flush button with a light ring would be cool!

ccb175b5.jpg

Oh and the dry deck 20 pump system turned up. Gravity drainage would be a bit of a prob so I thought id get it all pumped away. Kit looks pretty good. Very smart stuff check out the website The New Dry-Deck 20 from Pump Technology

f46ccb98.jpg

b6115b67.jpg

2c550edf.jpg

488a96dd.jpg

R

Rich

Brilliant! Keep us posted, we love threads like these :thumbsup:

And of course and questions, just ask :smilewinkgrin:

D

davemul

Woohoo,bath has arrived.

cbf545d2.jpg

d6daca95.jpg

I also did a bit of boxing out in the downstairs cloakroom ready to tile/fit concealed cistern loo/sink

0a98a471.jpg

3faa9adc.jpg

AND.. I decided to tile the kitchen! First ever time tiling a wall... not too bad I hope!

743b50f1.jpg

47b8b2ed.jpg

712e881e.jpg

9f34c559.jpg

b92f0188.jpg

absolute nightmare as no walls were straight! im just about to finish the window surround today, then i'll grout in a few days once fully dry!

D

davemul

Few more niggly things done.. kitchen is fully tiled now, no pics as need to grout it all.

a2ce8d61.jpg

7d73a699.jpg

25289a84.jpg

89693ca6.jpg

2c5c08b8.jpg

bd8c8201.jpg

P

PHG Dave

Hi Davemul,

Nice project, curious as to what shower tray former you are using. Have you put it straight onto joists?

P

PHG Dave

Good one..
I was slightly concerned when i saw the pic of the underside of the tray with the cut-out for the pipe that it might of been foam cored as per the Showerlay tray and would need full support.
Look forward to seeing the ongoing pics :thumbsup:

D

davemul

Started to plumb the shower pump and flow sensors for the dry deck today. Better not leak!

a6cf65c9.jpg

f02c8f39.jpg

f63e1d77.jpg

3370a337.jpg

did some plumbing for the shower mixer and some electrics also... more pics tomorrow

this bathroom lark is stressful!

O

One Day

Have to say I'm impressed with the plumbing!
Do you opt for push fit over soldering for the same reason I do: insurance?!

D

davemul

Pushfit for ease in my situation. I'm only using compression where its a last resort and im no plumber so am not going near solder! :)

Only problem is copper pushfits are so expensive! I reckon ive spent £800 in fittings and pipe alone so far!

Reply to Bathroom project - Work in progress in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks