Search the forum,

Discuss Basic Tester in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

hmtiling

Hi all. Looking for a basic tester/meter to be used before a hair hygrometer on anhydrite screeds.
Many thanks.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hi all. Looking for a basic tester/meter to be used before a hair hygrometer on anhydrite screeds.
Many thanks.

Just do a sweat test for initial damp presence but TBH , the Hairgrometer or carbide bomb test is the standard testing method.

If the screeds heated , i always get them dried by force drying..

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Looking at a protimeter hygromaster with a humidity box. Do we think that would do instead of a hygrometer?
@Ajax123
Doubt it. I don't rate the hygroboxes personally and any testing that I have seen done with them has been suspect in the least. The other thing is you have to leave them in place for several days which means trips back and forth to site. If you want a quick answer (30 minutes) then you'd be better off investing in a carbide bomb kit. You can get these online or via travis perkins. If you need a contact at Travis let me know. They are a bit more expensive but worth it if you are talking about big areas of expensive tiles.

Reply to Basic Tester in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As title suggests. Used to use this forum a while back but seems my account was deleted...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen