Currently reading:
B&Q Trade Card (Joke Card!)

Discuss B&Q Trade Card (Joke Card!) in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spare Tool

My combi drill just gave up the ghost, was passing so just been in B&Q to see what deals they had in..they got a twin pack Makita 18v 1.3ah, impact driver, drill driver plus 2 batteries for £158, its pensioner day weds where they get 10% off so approached a friendly looking chap and asked him if I gave him the cash would he take it through the till and get me nearly £16 off...no sorry he says they know me here and I only bought a drill driver last week, "why don't you enquire about the trade card he says my mate has one and gets him loads off", so I stand at customer services for 15minutes messing about filling in all my details to get my "lol discount card" picks up the Makita box and head off to the till eagerly awaiting to see how much there gonna knock off when I produce my "gold card"...that'll be £157.20p checkout girl says, so that's a grand total of 80p off. Waste of time that was. Put the box back and rang my dad who came within 10 minutes, back to the till with the Makitas, shows his bus pass and I get the drills for £142.20p, real deal but its all wrong IMHO

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Its such a waste of a promotion, banners, special desks, staff with special tshirts, posters, leaflets, trade point my ***..anyone with a bus pass can get things 10% cheaper than the traders on a Wednesday, no wonder B&Q closing stores down. Hope the MD stumbles across this thread, might open his eyes to what a waste of time, money and effort it really is..
They know tradesmen don't go there. They want the ones who are winging it to go there. And the DIYers pretending they're tradesmen. It's all the "you can do it if you B&Q it" lark all over again. Get people in the door.

You're now on another list too. They'll probably sell that. Expect some insurance quotes to come through the door. And some regular leaflets. BBQ offers about now and garden furniture. :D :D :D

S

Spare Tool

Was discussing it with a customer this aft and his take on it was the general public that go in there to buy stuff and D.I.Y like the fact they can wander around and look and touch and ask for advise without embarrassment whereas if they go to a open to the public trade shop they'll have tradesmen behind them sniggering when they ask a how to question...

Well if I now get hammered with BBQ offers they'll be moved to junk and they won't be as good a deal as the Webber Smokey Joe I got free cashing in 25,000 Webber reward points ;)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Definitely find prices hit and miss at Trade Point. I saved the best part of £1500 on a kitchen using my trade account. However I also had a customer who'd chose b&q tiles. 14 metres of bathroom tiles worked out 14 pence cheaper with the trade card.
Not knowing your area well, can you quote for this or is it too far away mate?
Bathroom Fitter/Tiler needed Southport area

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Just been having a read of this. Southport is about 40 minutes so perfectly do able. Was thinking of messaging but it sounds like they're almost ready to start, whereas I'm about 6-8 weeks away.
I'd message. They haven't chosen tiles yet by sounds of it. Only considering them.

Would be nice for them to get a couple of options from the forum even if they do manage to find a local tiler offline that can do it next week. Because if it goes belly up, we get the job again.

Reply to B&Q Trade Card (Joke Card!) in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement