Search the forum,

Discuss B&Q Trade Card (Joke Card!) in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spare Tool

My combi drill just gave up the ghost, was passing so just been in B&Q to see what deals they had in..they got a twin pack Makita 18v 1.3ah, impact driver, drill driver plus 2 batteries for £158, its pensioner day weds where they get 10% off so approached a friendly looking chap and asked him if I gave him the cash would he take it through the till and get me nearly £16 off...no sorry he says they know me here and I only bought a drill driver last week, "why don't you enquire about the trade card he says my mate has one and gets him loads off", so I stand at customer services for 15minutes messing about filling in all my details to get my "lol discount card" picks up the Makita box and head off to the till eagerly awaiting to see how much there gonna knock off when I produce my "gold card"...that'll be £157.20p checkout girl says, so that's a grand total of 80p off. Waste of time that was. Put the box back and rang my dad who came within 10 minutes, back to the till with the Makitas, shows his bus pass and I get the drills for £142.20p, real deal but its all wrong IMHO

S

Spare Tool

Similar experiences on that thread...happy with the eventual deal I got but did I really need to be dragging my 76 year old dad out of the house to get me a discount..

G

Gazzer

And is this the drill where the 3amp batteries dont fit ??? Sure that was a reason i didnt get one a while back.

S

Spare Tool

Think so, it does say something about some other batteries not fitting on the box, but as this is my first and only battery Makita purchase to date shouldn't make any difference to me..

S

Spare Tool

Its such a waste of a promotion, banners, special desks, staff with special tshirts, posters, leaflets, trade point my ***..anyone with a bus pass can get things 10% cheaper than the traders on a Wednesday, no wonder B&Q closing stores down. Hope the MD stumbles across this thread, might open his eyes to what a waste of time, money and effort it really is..

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Its such a waste of a promotion, banners, special desks, staff with special tshirts, posters, leaflets, trade point my ***..anyone with a bus pass can get things 10% cheaper than the traders on a Wednesday, no wonder B&Q closing stores down. Hope the MD stumbles across this thread, might open his eyes to what a waste of time, money and effort it really is..
They know tradesmen don't go there. They want the ones who are winging it to go there. And the DIYers pretending they're tradesmen. It's all the "you can do it if you B&Q it" lark all over again. Get people in the door.

You're now on another list too. They'll probably sell that. Expect some insurance quotes to come through the door. And some regular leaflets. BBQ offers about now and garden furniture. :D :D :D

Reply to B&Q Trade Card (Joke Card!) in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen