Search the forum,

Discuss Ardex D20 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

enduro

I have been given two tubs of Ardex D20, it says it doesnt need any primer, i like to prime everything, have you guys used it and would you use it without priming?

T

tfs

Hi mate,

I guess to an extent you can avoid priming but, at the end of the day it comes down to the perosity of the substrate.

I have never used this product so couldn't comment on the quality.

let me know how you find working with this stuff.

kris

wayne

TF
Reaction score
top quality gear and i have never primed when i have used it. very course for bucket gear and doesnt hold tiles up very well. anything over 10x8 and you may need to batten

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Doesn't all tubbed gear have built in primer?

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Bits of training coming back to me.
Am I right that tubbed gear doesn't need priming on plaster based backgrounds as the tubbed addy is non-cementous.

P

pjtiler

i dont know what they teach you guys on these courses

if in doubt prime or read the instructions

d20 is a one off hence the price

Reply to Ardex D20 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen