Discuss Anyone use ProWarm BACKER-PRO Tile Backer Board in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

McLovin

TF
Reaction score
Hi All

For my own sanity need to clarify that ProWarm BACKER-PRO Tile Backer Board 10mm is as suitable as hardibacker board.

After using hardie over wooden floors for the last few years I have run out of patience for it now. Its a great product but I find it messy, costly and time consuming.

Tiling a 25m2 first floor in a few weeks with a sound wooden floor. No bounce from what I can feel and standard floorboard gaps.

I have not used Wedi or marmox boards before but I am a big fan of the underfloor pro warm hating boards when installing UFH.

The floor is sound enough that I would be happy to use durabase on top however there is a 10mm concert raise where there is a man hole cover so dura is not an option.

So to cut a long story short are the Prowarm backer boards just as good? I called to confirm with them and they have said yes but would like some clarification from seasoned pros ;)

T

Time's Ran Out

Never used the Prowarm boards but are you intending to cover/tile over the manhole?

McLovin

TF
Reaction score
The pro boards don't seem any different from the other boards but it would be settling to get someone to clarify.

The manhole will be tiled over leaving access for it to be removed when need be. Would be rather school boy / rouge trader to cover it

F

Flintstone

Do people use the 6mm onto floor boards? Think I've used 10mm onto wood floors but not 6

McLovin

TF
Reaction score
Not sure if I would trust 6mm but good to know it can be used. I have had to go for 12mm to level out the different substrates.

F

Flintstone

I'm very tempted to sack off the nmp at £13 a sheet and start using 6mm insulation board for most bathrooms.

Reply to Anyone use ProWarm BACKER-PRO Tile Backer Board in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks