Search the forum,

Discuss any seal product to cover large gap between tiles and shower tray?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

aflemi

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Called back by customer whose Gulf Stone floor tiles I rescued and relaid earlier this year ( were dot'n'dabbed on 6mm hardboard !!!!!!!! ). The bathroom 'fitter' has left a 10mm gap between tile and shower tray which has been carefully GROUTED. Unsuprisingly, this has started to crack and is leaking below. Does anyone know of a product which could seal this large gap? I thought Schluter did something but can't see it on their website. I remember seeing something like the old 'L' profile bath seal but more flexible......

H

hillhead

Why the hell could he not lift the tray up a bit more?or can you? This is the wall tiles i take it?

T

Time's Ran Out

I'am reading this as - aflemi has relaid the floor - but the same tile has been used in the shower (by others) and there is a 10mm gap from the bottom tile to the shower tray.
I'd cut an upstand of about 50mm high from the Gulf stone tiles,round the top, and silicone seal them onto the front of the existing tiles to cover the gap and form a skirting effect/seal in the shower.:thumbsup:

beanz

TF
Reaction score
If it is the walls in the shower, you might be able to make up the gap with window trim (not sure of the exact name, but you get it from window manufacturers and is very cheap). I don't know if it comes in different sizes, the one i got from a mate was slightly smaller that 10mm, but you might be able to get larger (not sure). Leaves a really nice finish though. :thumbsup:

aflemi

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Beanz, you are correct it is the the tiles in the shower cubicle walls. Apologies for the non-essential info re floor! I think I know what you mean re window trim, but I was really searching for something more specific to the tile/tray situation. If anyone knows of a product designed for this purpose I would be grateful....:smilewinkgrin:

C

CON5933

Hi Aflemi, can you pop the bottom row of tiles off at all..(any spares?) and fit a bath/shower trim? then refit, this would take up the 10mm and seal at the same time...

C

CON5933

if no spares available, suggest a different tile around the bottom and make it a border feature??

C

CON5933

similar 'retro' fit of seal...
Untitled-1copy.jpg

Untitled-2copy.jpg

Untitled-4copy.jpg

PICT0099.jpg

Reply to any seal product to cover large gap between tiles and shower tray?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen