Search the forum,

Discuss Any mapei grout users in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mike1979

I don't use mapei but a customer supplied mapei jasmine grout for a floor got to say never again will I use it !! Hate the stuff it's got no body to it and doesn't smooth easily in the joints any one else have trouble with it

S

Stef

I think it's a great grout for floors, not keen on it for walls though.
Need to leave it to set a bit as it goes from plastic to opaque.

I

Ian

Oh yes! I am with you on this one, shocking stuff to use. Sets way too quickly on ceramics and is quite prone to patchiness if you don't use exactly the right amount of water when mixing, or slightly over wet it when washing off. They (mapei) know it has issues and have done for years but, choose to stick with the current recipe. It does have its fans though so, can't be all bad.

M

mike1979

I hate the stuff I always follow the instructions and did it excactly as it said much prefer bal superflex or even nicobond but that mapei is funny old stuff !!

O

On one

You say Mapei jasmine grout,but which version?
If your on about Ultra Colour Plus, it's not perfect for everything it has its uses.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rookery

I use Mapei UCP on all my jobs and think its great, except white on white tiles. Its not white enough so for those jobs only, I use Bal microflex.

Reply to Any mapei grout users in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen