Discuss Anhydrite screed prep in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi guys technical question hoping maybe you have an answer as I have never came across this before we have an anhydrite screed floor we sanded it hoovered then sealed twice came In Today and the sealer looks like it’s peeling in certain areas have u ever had this the floor is completely dry Obviously before laying any ditra I need to find an answer to this hoped you may have an answer as my tile supplier doesn’t
Thanks in advance
7E58A810-6829-452C-BE39-D9005A6F5A3A.jpeg

Reaction score
Hi. How long has the screed been down and is it heated ?
Yes heated screed been down for 6 months I’ve moisture tested and the highest reading was 0.5 so very low throughout I think the problem was a Labourer at the job walked on the primer whilst tacky and it’s pulled areas up so on my return It looked like it had peeled but on returning today after running down and re priming it has grabbed properly

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Yes heated screed been down for 6 months I’ve moisture tested and the highest reading was 0.5 so very low throughout I think the problem was a Labourer at the job walked on the primer whilst tacky and it’s pulled areas up so on my return It looked like it had peeled but on returning today after running down and re priming it has grabbed properly
Ok. Hopefully it’ll not to neat a mixture . Has the heating been commissioned yet.

Reply to Anhydrite screed prep in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks