Search the forum,

Discuss Advice please - products & order to clean grout & seal new polished porcelain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

lovellypink

Hi, I'm after advice please on the correct/best products to use, and the right order to apply.

New polished porcelain (not b&q!) ivory 400 x 400 floor tile (laid in kitchen/diner, with a bathroom & utility room to follow).

Fixed with keraquick mixed with latex plus but not grouted yet, will be done with ultracolor plus jasmin (timber floors everywhere)

This is a BCT tile made in italy which seems to have a protective transit waxy/greasy/smeary coating on. No info/instructions on the box.

I have took an offcut and cleaned with a kitchen scouring pad and this seemed to lift the coating off quite readily leaving nice polished surface.
I left some water on top for hours, not quickly absorbed. I live in a hardwater area and could see a watermark after leaving overnight.

So to get to the point (s)

What's the best (& most economical) product for me to clean with assuming I do need to do this and that my product isn't already sealed.

Should I grout before or after cleaning?

What's the best (& most economical) product to seal with assuming I need to do so?

Thank you, Lisa

D

david campbell

clean with wexa or wax off(both lithofin products) then seal before and after grouting

L

lovellypink

Hi guys, thanks for the suggestions for cleaning off the transit wax. What do you all suggest for the sealing?
Thanks, Lisa

Reply to Advice please - products & order to clean grout & seal new polished porcelain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen