Search the forum,

Discuss Advice please on adhesive and grout for floor and walls in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Jacb

DIY Tiler
Reaction score
We've got as far as stripping out the bathroom in our new (to us) bungalow dug up floor, laid new pipework and electrics etc. now about to start the job of putting it back together!

I'd really appreciate some recommendation for adhesive and grout and any other suggestions.

Floor is concrete but had a carpet on it (hooray, its gone!) so there is an area with what we assume is bitchumen? Can we tile over this and what adhesive would you recommend? Were using wood effect porcelain tiles 600 x 150 on floor.

Shower area is 900 x 1700 (with a shower tray on floor) and we'll be tiling with 600 x 300 gloss brown ceramic tiles.

Remainder of walls are to be tiled in 600 x 300 porcelain cream gloss.

Most of the walls are plaster (we will obviously fill areas we channelled out for new pipework etc.). In places there's a small amount of old tile adhesive left on, I've got rid of most of it and it is smooth now. . I assume walls will need primer? Top of walls were painted then wallpaper which has been stripped and cleaned - is there any other prep needed?

What adhesive can we use on walls? Can we use same as floor?

We'll be doing it ourselves, did kitchen from scratch last year so we are reasonably adept and done quite bit of tiling years ago but products have changed it seems!

All advice much appreciated.
Thanks very much

Reply to Advice please on adhesive and grout for floor and walls in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen