Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on white grout in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

paul westcott

Thanks for your help everyone. So probably will go with the Bal white simply because i can get it off the shelf from Topps and it seems generally a decent grout going by back posts and posts on this thread. As my tiles are gloss white and there will be a small mosaic/glass border going around the room, will the above grout be suitable to use as to not scratch the tiles and border?
Thanks again

W

Waluigi

Bal Microflex is fine.

Just thought I’d specify the type because their basic white grout might not be suitable

W

Waluigi

Yes the standard grout is definitely smooth. I don’t use it personally as it’s not suitable for power showers. The OP mentioned tanking.....

P

paul westcott

Thanks all..by standard grout do you mean just the basic Bal grout or Microflex version.
I have tanked around bath shower area but just have an electric shower no power shower.

edit..sorry didnt see your above post waluigi , Just to confirm then Microflex will be fine and a better choice then there basic grout then for smoothness and colour (white)..

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Advice on white grout in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen