Search the forum,

Discuss Adhesive Advice for homelux membrane in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ash.c

TF
Reaction score
Hi guys,

After a little advice (more of a conformation I'm on the right tracks!) regarding the homelux membrane.
Just picked up a 5m2 roll to apply to the walls down around an L shaped bath where the shower will be fitted and i plan on using the Mapei Mapeker rapid set flex for attaching the membrane.

The tiles that will be going over the membrane are 250 x 500 ceramic @ 9mm thick but i am put off using the rapid set for applying these as a little extra time would be appreciated for alignment, etc at the speed i work! The normal (brown bag) Mapei floor and wall adhesive states that its only suitable for solid substrates (concrete, screed, etc..) and my tiles are going over new moisture proof D&D plasterboard on all walls.

So do i just man up and roll with the rapid set for the tiles as well as the membrane or is there something else out there more suitable for the tiles and my slow but perfectionist like work pace?

Thanks is advance

Ash

Ps. Any one not in the trade and DIY type folk visiting topps tiles should be aware that they seem to share a single brain cell between all staff that holds all their technical knowledge. Dropped in to pick up a roll of the homelux wall membrane but was quickly informed i should membrane the whole floor of the bathroom including under the bath! When i asked why anyone would bother applying membrane under a bath i got the great reply that if i ever get a leaky pipe it would protect the floor! Salesman of the year badge should go to that man!

Reply to Adhesive Advice for homelux membrane in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen