Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss 800x800 large format tiles in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Kevdoc

-
Reaction score
First time Post but much needed advice.
I'm a gas engineer/plumber to trade and so I know all too well, each man to their trade. That being said , I have a time sensitive floor needing tiled (mines) and I can't get a tiler in time. So I'm going to do it myself. I have done tiling myself before so have an ok level of competence.

Its for my floor area in the living room its 110 meters squared , the wife chose 800x800 porcelain tiles.(yeah big job and i should get a tiler)

First question , any tips ?

What size trowel should I use ? 10mm ?

Cutting the tiles, dry blade on angle grinder for parts ? Slide cutter for straights ?

Reaction score
I'd use a 10mm half round notched trowel. Back butter the tiles and look to use a levelling clip system. Score and snap any straight cuts. I use a really thin (similar to rubi tvh turbo viper) diamond blade in a grinder for any 'L' shape cuts.. etc but still score and cut inside the scoreline to minimise chipping if that makes sense. đź‘Ť

Reply to 800x800 large format tiles in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks