Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss 365 porsadrills..Tile drill bits/hole cutters. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

jaluka

Hi

Just my input from 365 kit

I bought them for a bathroom and en-suite which was porcelain tiles and had a results below what i expected on the 6mm 8mm amd 16mm.
I followed the cutting guide lines to the letter, i got 5 holes out of one 6mm and 2 out of the other, i got 7 holes out of one 8mm and 1 out of the other and 4 holes out of the 16mm.
I cut two with the 30mm and three with 40mm and they were ok.
In total i had 36 x 6mm 20 x 8mm and 15 x 16mm to do and using these drills was going to be expensive.
I decided to bite the bullet and purchased the Marcrist PG850 and appropriate drills and they made cutting the tiles much easier and when finished you could hardly see any wear on the bits.

I dont doubt the quality of the 365 drills but would not recommend them for lots of holes in porcelain purely down to my experience, i know you get different grades of hardness but i cant for sure say what grade the ones i fitted were.

Hope this makes someone make the right choice.

D

Deleted member 1779

Thanks for the comments and hopefully we can be afforded the right of reply for the benefit of new readers to this post.

With our price range in the £29.99 to £49.99 bracket we were never setting out to take on the branded end of the market such as Rubi, Marcrist, Armeg etc. For example a single 35mm drill from Rubi will cost £57.16 and from Marcrist is £67.68.

Until we came into this market their was very little in the way of choice so we hope we provide a good competitive product range from a UK factory with 14 staff and jobs.

Where we fit into the market is that we offer value for money and with our best selling kit the BFKMX it works out £7 a drill.

And we also offer sizes that no other company can offer.

However what does surprise us the lifespan you managed to achieve. On the face of it the numbers quoted are disappointing. My gut feeling here is that because the results were consistently low across the entire size range then you may not have been using them in the correct manner. Dont take offence at that. Its just that our experience is if there has ever been a consistent failure across the size range on investigation we have found it to be operator error.

In total i had 36 x 6mm 20 x 8mm and 15 x 16mm to do and using these drills was going to be expensive.

Our recommendation would have been to purchase a pack each of the of four 6mm and 8mm

kit6mm3.jpg

£29.99 (Would cut 4 x 10 holes = 40 holes plus)

The above pack would have cut your 36 x 6mm

Same also for the 8mm so your 20 holes would easily be achievable with a pack life of 40 holes.

16mm.jpg

The 15 holes you wanted at 16mm would be easily achievable by this 16mm x 2 pack
Holes cut would be about 40 holes from this pack. Cost £34.19 per pack.

Note: Macrist and Rubi dont do a 16mm drill !

I would offer you a free second set as a goodwill but of course you now own other equipment so its unlikely ours would be used.

Sorry it didnt work out but hopefully for most customers The PORSADRILL range from 365Drills continues to provide value for money for tilers and with 37 sizes we are the only company able to satisfy demand for bespoke sizes.

J

jaluka

appreciate your reply

I had cut slowly with constant water to prevent heat build up etc, be it the tiles or whatever, i would never have got the stated quantity out of the drills on these particular tiles.
I based my calculations on the results i achieved, i dont doubt you have done intense testing to calculate lifespan etc

If a set is on offer i will be happy to use those first and report back with results on the next job.

mark

D

Deleted member 1779

New Updates: Some of the Latest video sets from the makers of PORSADRILL, 365Drills.

1) This video is an in depth look at why diamond drilling is critical for porcelain tiles
plus a look at the all in one solution of cores, hole saws and drill bits.

[yt]W2CXLSjpVhU[/yt]

2) In this video a full demonstration of drilling a porcelain tile, solid granite kitchen worktop at 30mm thick, a slate tile 25mm thick, a glass tile and some other things are show to demonstrate the durability of porsadrill but also to show the application of coolant water plus average drilling times. This video was added as a direct result of forum members who were more interested in seeing the diamond cores in action than in the sales presentation from 365Drills. With luck the combination of both videos will tell the story. The only downside is that each is 8minutes long which in internet time is a lifetime! We are critisised by the movie making team for breaking the 3 minute maximum video length but because this is a niche product aimed at a specific market (ie plumbers, tilers and installers) we felt the need to showcase a full presentation.

[yt]NjuUmSksArQ[/yt]

D

diamondtiling

Sorry I was downstairs, she is not happy that I have had to stop her, right now she is shouting at me that I am "mean"

:oops:

O

Olz

elliefdhgfhsgfhsdgfsdfdhgfefbvcxz,mmvdhgfhgvh,mnghtftyuiopjhjhjh

:yikes::yikes:hfghfghfhdhgdghdgdgghdhgdhghdgdghdhfrytrbvhgyftryesdhstferfehdgsgfsdhfhgdfgfdfhdfhgdsfhg fshgd fsghdf fs gshfgshfsfghdfsghfdsghfsghdfgshdfghfettrecvghvftelloiojfdhdhfdfgdhgfjdjghdfjdhgdfdjfdhjfghfgjhf :ban::oops:gdghdgj dfgdhfgdfgsgf ghfjghdjfgfgh hjfghddhgh b ghjtkhgtjhkhgjktrhgkjlrhhrjkhtjkrhgjkrh jfhgjkfhgklrhjklh fghfgtfhjg hffrjkhgjkrhgjrhfjkrh dhfdjjdfhfjk hdfjdg g h jhdf hgh hfgdjhfsdgfsdjkgfvdhfg shfj dgjf dhfgdj gfds hjfgdfgdgh

LOL :lol::lol:

Sorted mate.

A

Andyman1

How many tilers forums members have purchased 365's drill bits/hole cutters.

All feedback is appreciated.....and no quick punts for other makes...just a feedback thread for 365's...

Bought the plumbing set a few weeks ago worked great on limestone, little tip start the drill before locating in the guide it won't wander. the 16mm bit is a bit on the tight side for 15mm copper would suggest buy 18mm as I found it was difficult to stop the bit going slightly out of square with the tile surface

D

Deleted member 1779

Cheers. Yes if anyone wants to add the 18mm drill to their portfolio then we have them in stock!

18mm.jpg

As Andyman says it does give a bit more clearance on the 15mm pipes
so you dont have to be so accurate.

17.jpg

This is a 15mm copper fitted through a 16mm hole.

20.jpg

Grey plastic pipe also fits the hole.

21.jpg

White Polyplumb quickfit plastic pipes fit too.

But the hole has to be spot on or otherwise it will be a tight fit.

Here at 365Drills we are used to a tight fit... Even when it comes
down to the company car...

38290_405607392013_617362013_4536704_5309913_n.jpg

Now hows THAT for a tight fit.... We cant all afford back seats you know!

A

Accura Brian

Hi All, I supply 365 Porsadrill bits in Ireland as 365 Drills Irish agent, my customers love the drill bits. Even DIY and Domestics love them, once explained how to use them properly its childsplay!! Best of luck Richard.

D

Deleted member 1779

Cheers Brian - Yes we supply Ireland via Accura so if you need diamond core drills in a hurry and you are based Ireland we can put you in touch with Brian.

Q

Qwerty

After reading a few posts recently (one of which included a letter from a 365 user who had whinged about the life of the core drills, despite him way over exceeding the expected average life of a kit).......... I would just like to have my say.

I have just about (but not quite fully!) killed my 30mm bit ........yet I am absolutely ecstatic!!! :hurray:

The reason why?????......... well, I managed to use it for 3 ceramic tiling jobs which needed 4 cores drilling per room, plus a porcelain wetroom job which required 8 cores drilling :yikes:

That is a whopping 20 cores, with nearly half being in ultra hard porcelain.

My hat off to 365 drills.......will need a new set very soon :thumbsup:

IMG20110829_010.jpg IMG20110829_009.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1779

Cheers Geoff and great looking holes too !

Its the biggest dilema we have as a company. Over-egg the lifespan claims and you get mega complaints. Undersell the lifespan and potential customers turn to competiors without trying our product.

I think we probably have the balance right. We still claim these are only good "for about ONE bathroom project" but yet it is very clear they far exceed these claims.

I guess we must be doing something right because we are still selling in a reccession. (although we have plenty of spare production capacity!! - Hint to retailers)

Hopefully we are on message to our main customer base (tilers) to just give us a try. If you dont like the product you havent wasted hundreds of valuble pounds.

365drills_pack.jpg

Good Value For Money.
Just the product for this damn recession !

D

davemul

I bought the bathroom fitters pack last week. The 30mm drill chipped off where it slots at the cutting end. Resulting in chipping my ceramic tiles I drilled.

It drills ok if used very slowly, you have to be VERY slow at the end or it chips the tile when it breaks through

kinda disappointed really.. must have just had a bad one

Not a user error as I studied the video guides online before drilling.

Also would be better if an 18mm was supplied over the 16mm... no need for such pinpoint accuracy

Just my views, delivery was super quick though

D

Deleted member 1779

Sounds like you had a bad one. Note to customers in this situation - always contact us and we will replace.
If you contact us direct we can arrange to replace the 30mm

I agree about the 18mm and it was simply that we didnt have enough room on the drill plate to squeeze it on.
Opinion is divided. A lot of people love the 16mm and like the close fit. They find the 18mm too gappy.

17.jpg

This is what a 16mm hole looks like with a 15mm pipe poking through.

Dsc07645.jpg

This is a 16mm drilled into soft ceramic

Agreed it can look a bit tight and there's not much room for error.

18mm.jpg

We do have the 18mm pack available seperately for those who prefer this size.
Tilers on the forum get their discount !

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to 365 porsadrills..Tile drill bits/hole cutters. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks