Search the forum,

Discuss Why would / wouldn't you use rapid set adhesive on walls? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

Hi,

When tiling large 30x60cm porcelain tiles onto primed skimmed plaster would it be better to use rapid set or normal adhesive? Obviously there is the time advantage but any downsides to rapid set? Sorry, am clueless!

Thank you.

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I never use rapid set on walls unless sticking waterproof matting.i like to have a bit of time.dont like cleaning buckets every 10 mins!! Lol.
But I'm sure there's plenty of tilers who use rapid set?
So to answer your question rapid or standard set is fine

W

White Room

Hi,

When tiling large 30x60cm porcelain tiles onto primed skimmed plaster would it be better to use rapid set or normal adhesive? Obviously there is the time advantage but any downsides to rapid set? Sorry, am clueless!

Thank you.

How thick are your tiles, you maybe exceeding some weight issues with the tiles onto skimmed plaster....

T

Time's Ran Out

I personally use fast set flexible adhesive on all large format porcelain tiles as I find the rapid setting in conjunction with the impervious body of the tile, reduces the chances of 'suction' and hence lipping.

Reply to Why would / wouldn't you use rapid set adhesive on walls? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen