Search the forum,

Discuss Why Not Say Good Morning Before Work? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LM

Well I was gonna say gotta be fake cos you can't jump above 15,000ft without oxygen.
Then I watched another on on weird news saying he had oxygen.
So that answers that haha
Don't get why he'd jump from 25,000ft tho, the point of that I'm not sure.
Not found video yet that actually explains anything.
And the precision needed to hit that net in freefall! Is mental!
Falling at 198ft a second, there's only moments to adjust your angle of descent!
Wasn't exactly a small net tho! Haha
But still not sure it's for real tho. :D
But thanks Lee. :)
Marc it was shown on sky news as well, I doubt they'd report on a fake event, but I could be wrong o_O

O

Old Mod

Marc it was shown on sky news as well, I doubt they'd report on a fake event, but I could be wrong o_O
I'm just a cynic Lee! Haha
Having actually jumped, I know how difficult it is to manoeuvre through the air with such a high level of accuracy under freefall.
That's a mighty small spot from 25,000ft
Was it reported on by a Sky team, or from another broadcaster.
A bit like formula 1. Our commentators commentate, but they rely only the picture given to them by the host tv broadcaster.
It's completely mental, haha I mean what safety protocols were in place if he was off course?
Was he meant to grab one of the other skydivers? :p
Don't get me wrong, I hope it's truly real, but it's very difficult to believe.
I'd of thought he would have least had a suit that somewhat inflated with air, to work like a canopy, just to slow his decent a bit.
He's travelling at 120mph for god sake. :)

Reactions: LM
L

LM

Was it reported on by a Sky team, or from another broadcaster.
A bit like formula 1. Our commentators commentate, but they rely only the picture given to them by the host tv broadcaster.

I can't remember for sure mate, but I seen it on sky news

W

WetSaw

It was on "normal" telly as well. No winged suit, he just flipped over near the end and went backwards into the net. Don't know what all the fuss is about...

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
It was definitely for real , only person in the world to of done it.......There's a surprise !!
Bit like that bloke that jumped from the edge of space.....mental !!

O

Old Mod

It was definitely for real , only person in the world to of done it.......There's a surprise !!
Bit like that bloke that jumped from the edge of space.....mental !!
Yeah but he had a canopy, so I can see why he did it.

O

Old Mod

It was on "normal" telly as well. No winged suit, he just flipped over near the end and went backwards into the net. Don't know what all the fuss is about...
So when you doing it Paul? Haha

O

Old Mod

I can't remember for sure mate, but I seen it on sky news
ok, so reluctantly (can u tell?) I spose I just gotta accept it! Haha
Who the hell am I anyway to disbelieve it anyway. :D
It was just bloody stupid!

Reactions: LM
W

WetSaw

So when you doing it Paul? Haha

I'm fully booked until the end of October so it'll have to wait until after then. I may have a problem though and my physics is failing me, as I only weigh 70kg and am skinny as a rake would I float away like a feather or plummet like an arrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Why Not Say Good Morning Before Work? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Article
123 Year Old Johnson Tiles Factory to Close Down Causing 110 Job Losses 123 Year Old Johnson...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen