Discuss White corner/edge tiles - old fashioned type in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Simon Watkins

Got a long vertical external corner to do in a period bathroom. Would have been nice to do a bullnosed edge tile but not sure if they are available (tiles are Johnson prismatic PRG1 10x20). Failing that a rounded corner edge tile trim.nor perhaps tile pencil border. Last option is to mitre perhaps as I think plastic tile trim will look naff.

Any thoughts? I know Johnson do a bath trim set that I might be able to adapt, but I'd prefer to do it right.

Thanks

Simon

S

Simon Watkins

Will check out the schluter stuff thanks.

I see Johnsons do the edge tiles and rounded edge tiles for my tile size but they are a bit spendy - I would probably have to buy from Johnsons direct and pay retail prices (god forbid!). The white coated metal trims might be a reasonable compromise or possibly tile sticks keeping the glazed side out.

Thanks,
Simon

S

Simon Watkins

Hmmm - ok I'll practice on a couple as a practice and see how it looks. I have a cheap wet saw with a table that lifts for mitring but when I've tried before it leaves the corner sharp. I did it then on some granite tiles so was able to take a mm or so off the sharp bit but that would leave clay exposed on ceramic. I'll try and not mitre so sharp on these. So far I'm still favouring using a ceramic quadrant as I have a false wall on this corner that protrudes about 30mm, so have room to put the quadrant on the end and leave things flush maybe.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Will check out the schluter stuff thanks.

I see Johnsons do the edge tiles and rounded edge tiles for my tile size but they are a bit spendy - I would probably have to buy from Johnsons direct and pay retail prices (god forbid!). The white coated metal trims might be a reasonable compromise or possibly tile sticks keeping the glazed side out.

Didn't Johnsons get brought out by Topps? Maybe, maybe not, i'm not 100% sure but Topps tiles do a tile like the old johnsons used to be. Range of colours, sizes and finishes. Matrix tiles they call them.
You may get that sort of tile from Prismatics. Think topps may

Reply to White corner/edge tiles - old fashioned type in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay