Search the forum,

Discuss which knee pads ..? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mc497

HI, I am about to spend most of august on my knees laying floor tiles.
I want to buy a new set of knee pads as the cheap ones I had were rubbish.
Anyone got any particular favorites or think certain ones are the best buys ?
Cheers for any replies.:confused:

D

DHTiling

hello mate... i have a set of these and they are very comfortable to use on those big floors etc......dave......

Gel Swivel Knee Pad - NoLinksToThis, Where The Trade Buys

Last edited by a moderator:
M

m4ubs

i have similar ones as DH (looks wise)...its got the plastic waterproof cover and gel inside...ties around knee with velcro....but mine were £4.99 from a local shop and are BlackSpur make. There must be some difference in quality due to the big price difference. I dont do that much tiling but its been ok for me so far. When you say cheap, how cheap ?

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
It all depends on the individual.

I have got 3 pairs of knee pads, from the gel type as mentioned above.........to the cheapys. Also got the trousers with the pads that slip into the knee pockets.............But i still find I use the old green gardening foam mat most of the time.........it just gets kicked around were its needed.

Just try different kinds..........and your'll find one that suits

D

Dave-T

i allways use a foam mat. I find knee pads cut into the backs of my legs and slip down my legs. The mat i use is a rubi one, and its proper comfy. I got mine from millcott tools, which most of you wont be able to buy from, as its not for retail customers, but they should have them in decent tiling shops. Failing that most diy places will probably have cheaper gardening ones.
----
another thing to bear in mind actually with knee pads, is if your laying a victorian style floor, then dont use the knee pads with the plastic caps on them, as they scratch the tiles. Learnt that one the hard way!

D

DHTiling

Anbody wanting a kneeling pad... rather than knee pads then heres a link for one....

Heavy Duty Kneeling Mat : Buy Heavy Duty Kneeling Mat at Axminster Power Tool Centre

M

mc497

Thanks for the reply, Ive just looked in screwfix and can see the ones you recommended.
They look pretty heavy duty.! I think Ill giv'em a go. Cheers.:)

Reply to which knee pads ..? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen