Currently reading:
which knee pads ..?

Discuss which knee pads ..? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
It all depends on the individual.

I have got 3 pairs of knee pads, from the gel type as mentioned above.........to the cheapys. Also got the trousers with the pads that slip into the knee pockets.............But i still find I use the old green gardening foam mat most of the time.........it just gets kicked around were its needed.

Just try different kinds..........and your'll find one that suits

D

Dave-T

i allways use a foam mat. I find knee pads cut into the backs of my legs and slip down my legs. The mat i use is a rubi one, and its proper comfy. I got mine from millcott tools, which most of you wont be able to buy from, as its not for retail customers, but they should have them in decent tiling shops. Failing that most diy places will probably have cheaper gardening ones.
----
another thing to bear in mind actually with knee pads, is if your laying a victorian style floor, then dont use the knee pads with the plastic caps on them, as they scratch the tiles. Learnt that one the hard way!

Last edited by a moderator:
C

clarke

Ive always had snickers trousers myself, been looking at them dewalt ones lately though coz need a new pair. I find trousers with knee pad pockets are so much easier than strap on knee pads as they rub behind my knees and get uncomfortable whereas trousers with pads are more convenient.
Never buy cheap when it comes to these types of tools, my mate had to have 2 new knee joints and you wouldnt believe what it cost him!!! Same goes for goggles/glasses, you only get 1 pair of eyes!

M

Mike Strutter

The big red ones from t tiler and the straps don,t sit in the backs of the knees, A single strap split into two and sits on top of the calf muscle

Yeah, i've got those, bloody expensive but really comfy. Also there's a knee cushion from the same designer for half the price. Personally i think you should invest in the best, you only get one pair of knees.

[DLMURL="http://www.tradetiler.com/acatalog/Knee_Pads.html"]TradeTiler.Ltd Knee Pads[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to which knee pads ..? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.