Search the forum,

Discuss Which grout for internal limestone slabs over UFH please? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

H

Huskeeter

Hi there very helpful people :)

I am looking for the best advice to grout the following. I'm a competent DIYer and this is in my own self-built outbuilding.

Size: 9 x 5m internal, heated office
Base: 70mm insulation, then DPM then reinforced concrete then UFH
UFH: Water-fed, closed system, then
Screed: with fibres, laid about 18 months ago

Tile bed: Sand-cement solid bed
Tiles: 21mm Bradstone limestone, varying sizes up to 1200x600, all laid about 12 months ago
Joints: varying between 7 and 20mm

Cleaned once, let dry for one month
Sealed twice with Mattstone limestone sealer 4 days ago

So now I'm hopefully ready to grout.

QUESTION: Must I use a flexible wide joint compound OR I have also been advised to use a fairly dry sand-cement mix, 4 parts to 1 part, wash off using very little water and then seal twice again?

Would find your advice and opinions incredibly helpful. Thank you. :thumbsup:

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
I would use Mapei ultra colour plus in limestone. Fast setting so watch out for washing time, maybe split the floor in sections if your not confident, plenty of clean water.

Reply to Which grout for internal limestone slabs over UFH please? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen