Search the forum,

Discuss what to do about sealing walls and floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

pedro

hi everyone ,i hope you can help me out.i have prepared to retile my floor and have overlaid the chip board floor with 15mm marine ply, do i need to seal this or can i tile straight on to this,secondly i thought all i had to do was take the tiles off the plastered board walls ,iv now discovered that tiles dont like to come off plaster board and im left with 2 wrecked walls and i now will have to replace the plaster board ,now do i have to sel the pb and which type of sealer if any should i use forthe 2 jobs , idont want to mess this up .:mad2:

D

DHTiling

15mm is not normally available in the uk.. so worth checking..:thumbsup:

The adhesive will dictate if the ply needs priming.. some advise and most don't..

P

pedro

real bad i mean there massive holes in it .i type this laughing cos im trying not to cry, looks like a car hit it haha

P

pedro

not taken any yet dave ,but im sure you guys will split your sides ,i will do once the shock wares off a bit ,i can barely bring myself to look kehehe,wife was not happy either,she went out for the day with the kids and came home to carnage oops wasnt my fault plaster board eh:oops:anyway what about sealing all the walls and floor ,what youthink i should do , i can sense this jobs gona end in tears and disaster ,im doing my best tho haha

Reply to what to do about sealing walls and floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen