Discuss What gloves to use for tiling? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

honza1

TF
Reaction score
Ahoj everyone.

I would like to ask you all What kind of gloves do you use for tilling and for grouting?

I found it very uncofortable to work without gloves as my hands get too dirty or too wet or too dry or they get cut and so on.

It feels best to work without gloves but my hands just suffer.

I use (surgical) latex gloves but they break easily and I have to change them a few times a day.

The heavier kitchen/cleaning gloves I find ok for grouting(not for tilling) but it is all short life.

I hate Adhesive and grout on the skin - dry skin too much.

Please let me know how you deal with these problem and perhabs you can sugest any brand or product how to protect good pair of money making hands.
:thumbsup:(At the end of the day, of corse ,do not forget to use E45 cream
to keep them hands smooth so Mrs do not complain)

Also what is the best knee pads? What brand last long and stay good long? I am trying diferent diferent kinds, but wonder if its worth to buy once with plastic cap as they come expensive(I mean the padding gets worn out/squashed as well as cheaper without plastic cap).

Please post your experiences.

THNX

Last edited:

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
Latex / surgical gloves for tiling, get them for 'free' ;) and marigolds for grouting, last longer and keep the hands drier :thumbsup:

EDIT: You go on about price, surely health is worth some cost, comfort and saftey, above all else ?

Last edited:
D

doug boardley

only use them when I'm using black grout, normally use "marigold" or a cheaper generic type:thumbsup:

U

user123

WOW!!! Dave!!! That's brilliant, just had a look and had never heard of it before- thanks!!! Will read the label :) like I do and most likely get myself some - hate wearing gloves... what WOULD we do without you.... :thumbsup: :hurray: :thumbsup:

D

Daveyboy

I use nailers anti-slip knee pads avail from Screwfix, although they do other pads...I think tradetiler also recommends knee pads but I've never tried them..

tend not to bother with gloves unless working with natural stone or coloured (particularly black) grout...

T

Time's Ran Out

Honza.
When I break the ice off the water in winter and take out the tiles I've had steeping overnight - I use fully waterproofed cow skin!
When I mix the sand and cement screed and dry float the surface before buttering neat cement onto the backs of the tiles - I use double quilted hessian guantlets!
When I use the finest portland cement slurry grout and brush off with the freshest sawdust - I use the skin I was born with!

And 35 years later its car mechanics latex for all!:thumbsup:

John.

D

david campbell

marigolds- though i still get strange looks when buying them in a different area :lol::lol::lol:

U

user123

Honza.
When I break the ice off the water in winter and take out the tiles I've had steeping overnight - I use fully waterproofed cow skin!
When I mix the sand and cement screed and dry float the surface before buttering neat cement onto the backs of the tiles - I use double quilted hessian guantlets!
When I use the finest portland cement slurry grout and brush off with the freshest sawdust - I use the skin I was born with!

And 35 years later its car mechanics latex for all!:thumbsup:

John.

You made it sound quite romantic, John, especially the gauntlet!! :lol:

Reply to What gloves to use for tiling? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks