Discuss What gloves to use for tiling? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

david campbell

It's a struggle to buy xtra large marigolds

my local petrol station used to stock them at about 79p but lately have only pink ones,the manager knows me quite well and i think he's at the wind up cause i only remember things like that in the morn on the way to work:lol:

D

david campbell

with fluffy cuffs:yikes::yikes::lol:
yeah the type that would make withers stick on his mankini :lol::lol::lol:

S

simhopper

Costco have blue rubber gloves with are thicker and stronger than normal off thr shelf items

Make your hands sweat a little but butter than having hands like sandpaper!

U

user123

Overkill for me....GLoves in a Bottle first then Marigolds over the top!

Wow - what a guy, makes perfect sense to me, Russell.:thumbsup: The gloves in a bottle will stop the skin absorping all the glove's chemicals, too...and keep the hands soft :), yes, I will do that when I need to wear gloves and just use the gloves in a bottle (ordered some last night) when possible. Great stuff.

S

slayed100

I use clean grip vinyl gloves from screwfix but barrier cream before and atrixo after I've cleaned up for the day. I also use gel knee pads not capped. They are pretty good and quite cheap off the bay.

honza1

TF
Reaction score
Latex / surgical gloves for tiling, get them for 'free' ;) and marigolds for grouting, last longer and keep the hands drier :thumbsup:

EDIT: You go on about price, surely health is worth some cost, comfort and saftey, above all else ?

What is the secret of getting them surgical gloves for free if your wife is not a Doctor?

Thanx for he recomendations I will have a look and give dem a trial.
:thumbsup:

P

Pawelzik

Ahoj everyone. I would like to ask you all What kind of gloves do you use for tilling and for grouting?

Ahoi from Germany Honza1. We had your question already but it is some time ago.

Some years ago the health insurance companies made some researches how to prevent cement dermatitis. As a conclusion it is recommanded for tilers and any men/women working with cement/concrete/masonry constructions to wear gloves which are nitril covered.
Always the best health wishes, Martin

U

user123

Overkill for me....GLoves in a Bottle first then Marigolds over the top!

Just to quickly confirm - the 'gloves in a bottle' lotion is fantastic! Got some last week and use it all the time now! Wasn't sure how effective it could be, so when I did my liquid henna thing with my hair again, which stains fingers really quickly, I tried a bit just to see, and hey presto, the henna washed off! Very impressive. So yes, marigolds and the lotion for tough stuff - you can't get any better. :thumbsup:

S

smurf21

De Walt work gloves not to thick for tiling thumb and pointing finger are fingerless for ease of using spacers and good old black rubber maridold type gloves for grouting.but i only use these on sitework(because you have to health and safty) otherwise i dont wear them after 25 years hands are like rawhide just wash them with brick acid.........Only joking dont try this at home...lol:8:

B

Bolter

Tesco do a thick black rubber glove thats pretty cheap. Lasts me months, and I only use them for grouting really. I have no problems with adhesive on my hands.

Its my trowel calluses that give me the most grief.

Reply to What gloves to use for tiling? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay