Search the forum,

Discuss What fixings to use? Raw plugs? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

robbieee

Putting an electric shower up and i drilled a hole using an 8mm drill bit. My walls are ceramic 8mm tiles onto plasterboard.

When i put the raw plug in it just spins round then drops down the back of the plasterboard!! What should i be using?

I

Ian

The plug should be tight in the hole, not spinning, use a smaller bit and use plugs that have a lip on the edge to stop them pushing past the tile.

R

robbieee

The plug should be tight in the hole, not spinning, use a smaller bit and use plugs that have a lip on the edge to stop them pushing past the tile.

I cant, i have already drilled the 8mm hole

R

robbieee

Would these suit?

Fischer High Performance Universal Plugs UX8 4.5-6mm Pack of 100 | NoLinksToThis

Reply to What fixings to use? Raw plugs? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen