Search the forum,

Discuss What fixings to use? Raw plugs? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

robbieee

Putting an electric shower up and i drilled a hole using an 8mm drill bit. My walls are ceramic 8mm tiles onto plasterboard.

When i put the raw plug in it just spins round then drops down the back of the plasterboard!! What should i be using?

I

Ian

The plug should be tight in the hole, not spinning, use a smaller bit and use plugs that have a lip on the edge to stop them pushing past the tile.

R

robbieee

The plug should be tight in the hole, not spinning, use a smaller bit and use plugs that have a lip on the edge to stop them pushing past the tile.

I cant, i have already drilled the 8mm hole

R

robbieee

Would these suit?

Fischer High Performance Universal Plugs UX8 4.5-6mm Pack of 100 | NoLinksToThis

Reply to What fixings to use? Raw plugs? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As title suggests. Used to use this forum a while back but seems my account was deleted...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen