Currently reading:
Wetroom, Anhydite, Ditra, Mosaic

Discuss Wetroom, Anhydite, Ditra, Mosaic in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kaharrison9

Ey up Rob. Good to hear from you.
I got wind of these 4 months ago and am ready to go in a few weeks. As you suggested I have had the wet tray area shuttered off before the screed and will drop these in soon to the required height and overlap the ditra onto the tray and tape.
As Gary mentions wet room and anhydrite together does sound horrendous but if fully tanked correctly then fingers crossed should be fine.
Schluter seemed a little vague as they mentioned a 50x50 mosaic is minimum size but wouldn't recommend it and again were unsure about the filling of the cavities, curing then tiling.
Have a little bit of time tomorrow so plan to drop some mosaics onto Ditra all in one go and see next day what I think.
Cheers all.
Kev

K

kaharrison9

Picture to share.
Maybe pointless but anyway little test with some bits I had in the garage.
Ditra onto Hardiebacker then half the cavities filled with Bals fibre flex.
In a day or so will fit some mosaics onto the filled and unfilled ditra and then when cured see if there is any difference in the bond between the 2 when I try lifting them. Also able to form an opinion on pressure points and to see if the plastic crosses of the Ditra affect the tile.

Attachments

• P1030912.JPG
    317.6 KB · Views: 16

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Picture to share.
Maybe pointless but anyway little test with some bits I had in the garage.
Ditra onto Hardiebacker then half the cavities filled with Bals fibre flex.
In a day or so will fit some mosaics onto the filled and unfilled ditra and then when cured see if there is any difference in the bond between the 2 when I try lifting them. Also able to form an opinion on pressure points and to see if the plastic crosses of the Ditra affect the tile.
Can't wait for the outcome.

Reply to Wetroom, Anhydite, Ditra, Mosaic in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement