Discuss Retiling wetroom advice on how best to proceed in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

YT233

TF
Reaction score
Hi guys what size trowel for to fix my wedi 1200x1200 tray? Do I back butter,

Also which size trowel to fix 20mm wedi board on floor? Do I back butter? Boards are 2500x600

I have been advised by kerakoll if I use the bio gel revolution I do not need to prime the floor?

W

Waluigi

Same trowel as above.

If you angel the trowel, it won’t be all that thick plus you have the benefit of a better chance of a solid bed using that trowel as it’s 10mm deep but a very tight spacing between notches.

YT233

TF
Reaction score
EE7277EE-7EB6-4BD3-9B51-C9F500857AB0.jpeg
FCB029A1-C939-41B0-8CD5-42C3FC928726.jpeg
FCB029A1-C939-41B0-8CD5-42C3FC928726.jpeg
7A2BAE61-3F8F-4A73-ADD3-485FFEDC0DB2.jpeg
4E889ECB-E336-4AF0-9499-9F390ACA4BC4.jpeg
E17EF05A-3022-4FA5-B08D-3F4BAD152B51.jpeg
D465B17F-6E82-45D8-BF44-2FE9DE90E7F6.jpeg
Quick update,

Eventually got the old plywood floor up what a headache it was to get up!!

Plumbing nearly done radiator pipes adjusted shower valve set up for soldering tomorrow,

Noggins marked out for floor.

Tomorrow will be spent fixing ply on to floor with rockwool acoustic insulation and fixing the wedi tray.

YT233

TF
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just want to say thank you for all the help you guys have given soo far.

2 questions.

Do I need a uncoupling membrane on top of my plywood before I lay the 20mm wedi boards on floor? Floor is 2.5m x 3m?

My wedi bench is curved and it will be a nightmare to cut a curve on the tile slab. Can I put the put the wedi boards on wall. Seal the wall boards with the floor boards with tape and 610, then tile wall and put the the bench in last and seal with 610 and tile it and the floor?

YT233

TF
Reaction score
Hi all, this past week has been a emotional rollercoaster.

Bathroom is ready for tiling, wedi boards and tray installed. All corners and joints sealed.

Was going to start tiling this weekend. However we received some dreadful news, my sister has been diagnosed with a form off bone cancer.

Therefore all work has been postponed. Dad has now instructed me to get someone in ASAP to finish the job. We can’t afford to give it the time needed to get it done.

Anyone that can help out please message me. I based in Preston.

Last edited:

bsc ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Wow sorry to hear that.
you have more important things
to think about now. I'm sure some one on hear in your area
will only to glad to help.
Loads of love to your sis, fight the good fight.:sparklingheart:

F

Flintstone

Sorry to hear that news. Don't rush into letting any old tiler take this job on because they won't be able to do it I can assure you.

Reply to Retiling wetroom advice on how best to proceed in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks