Search the forum,

Discuss Wet V dry cutters in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Paul the tiler

Hi all,
I thought I had been in the game a long time and today it has been confirmed, does everone here use a wet cutter to cut their tiles? This does seem to be the case and I just dont get it, why? I have a fantastic Rodia Edelstalh, but it only ever comes out when I am on naturals or resin bonded materials, if the dry cutter you are using cant cut ceramics porc's or quarrys, frankly I would get one that can. Why use a wet cutter, set it up, make a load of mess, have to dry the tiles before you fix them and it takes 10 times as long to cut them wet anyhow, and then tidy it all away, Sorry I dont get it, I'm just old I guess at 43.
Not a rant lads and lasses and I would like to hear your thoughts, honest.
Paul

G

Gazzer

I use what ever will do the job best. Mostly my Sigma but sometimes a combination of Sigma and angle grinder or Sigma and wet cutter.....whatever best suits the days situation.

G

garretridge

i use a wet cutter all the time couldnt be without it ive 2 a plasplugs contractor plus great for small jobs then on those big jobs i bring out the dewalt 24000s its the best wet cutter ive ever had cuts anything you throw at it like butter wet or dry!:thumbsup:

A

A.J.B.E.G.B

Hi all,
I thought I had been in the game a long time and today it has been confirmed, does everone here use a wet cutter to cut their tiles? This does seem to be the case and I just dont get it, why? I have a fantastic Rodia Edelstalh, but it only ever comes out when I am on naturals or resin bonded materials, if the dry cutter you are using cant cut ceramics porc's or quarrys, frankly I would get one that can. Why use a wet cutter, set it up, make a load of mess, have to dry the tiles before you fix them and it takes 10 times as long to cut them wet anyhow, and then tidy it all away, Sorry I dont get it, I'm just old I guess at 43.
Not a rant lads and lasses and I would like to hear your thoughts, honest.
Paul

What do you use to cut shapes out, like around a corner 'L' shape?

I usually dry cut everything if it is a straight cut, unless i need to cut a slither off, then i use the QEP bridge saw, which slices tiny bits of whole

P

Paul the tiler

Thats some tag you have there,

I L cut or notch with a Grinder and a ultra thin diamond wheel, I am begining to think that due to the time I have been doing this for a living I have collected 6 sigmas of various sizes so will only wet cut when it is the last resort. A good sigma will cut a 10mm strip of most tile materials, if I have cuts that size I'll go back to my milk round though :thumbsup:
Paul

Reaction score
well i cut dry most of the time , saves on all the mess with wet cutter. when i am working with big slabs i wet cut, but love my shape cutting blades makes life nice and easy,

A

A.J.B.E.G.B

A good sigma will cut a 10mm strip of most tile materials, if I have cuts that size I'll go back to my milk round though :thumbsup:
Paul[/QUOTE]

When i mentioned cutting tiny slithers of, i meant i need the big peice of tile and the slither goes in the bin! :thumbsup:

Reply to Wet V dry cutters in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen