Search the forum,

Discuss Wet Saw Blade Advice in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I do find when replacing the blade in a wet cutter if you don't get the same thickness as the original blade then it snags on the guard when trying to push the tile through.....right pain in the buttocks! !!

O

Old Mod

Looked at the spectrum ultimate blade which has a few good reviews, think I remember 3fall mentioning spectrum as a good blade for grinders so might be good for wet saws.
Not me @Wishiwasatoptiler, not familiar with that blade mate.

I generally get a good quality smooth continuous rim blade with a J slot if I can.
Good quality ones will cut porcelain and ceramics alike.
Turbo blades tend to be too aggressive for ceramics.
Rubi do reasonably priced 180 blades, I get them for my TC180 and find they cope well for the money.
I use Montolit DNA's on my bridge saw tho.
Very high quality with a price tag to match tho.

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Not me @Wishiwasatoptiler, not familiar with that blade mate.

I generally get a good quality smooth continuous rim blade with a J slot if I can.
Good quality ones will cut porcelain and ceramics alike.
Turbo blades tend to be too aggressive for ceramics.
Rubi do reasonably priced 180 blades, I get them for my TC180 and find they cope well for the money.
I use Montolit DNA's on my bridge saw tho.
Very high quality with a price tag to match tho.

Thanks for that, I'll look into them, must have mixed you with another thread!

I do find when replacing the blade in a wet cutter if you don't get the same thickness as the original blade then it snags on the guard when trying to push the tile through.....right pain in the buttocks! !!

Thanks for top tip, hadn't thought of that.
Cheers
D

kevsalt

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
black diamind pc blades are really good ..nice and thin ..good on virtually anything with minimal chipping..i only use these at moment well happy with em

O

Old Mod

@Wishiwasatoptiler

This is a short video of a Montolit DNA blade in a Rubi DC250 1200
The stone is 20mm limestone, so not particularly tough but this was to show two things, how fast a good blade can cut (not advisable) and how true the cut remained throughout, even tho it was cut too fast,
(U can hear the motor struggle a little near the end because I went too mad!)
I would never normally do this to the machine, but the blade can certainly handle it.
Lesser blades would have destroyed the edges and certainly wouldn't have stayed true on the cut.
I marked two lines, one to cut to, and the other to show it stayed parralell!
I certainly wouldn't advise cuts to be done in this manner normally.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
@Wishiwasatoptiler

This is a short video of a Montolit DNA blade in a Rubi DC250 1200
The stone is 20mm limestone, so not particularly tough but this was to show two things, how fast a good blade can cut (not advisable) and how true the cut remained throughout, even tho it was cut too fast,
(U can hear the motor struggle a little near the end because I went too mad!)
I would never normally do this to the machine, but the blade can certainly handle it.
Lesser blades would have destroyed the edges and certainly wouldn't have stayed true on the cut.
I marked two lines, one to cut to, and the other to show it stayed parralell!
I certainly wouldn't advise cuts to be done in this manner normally.

Did you upload that direct to the forum?

Reply to Wet Saw Blade Advice in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen