Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Wet Saw Blade Advice in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi
looking to replace the blade in my tile saw

size
180 with a bore hole of 22.23

it has a 2.4mm blade and looking for something l thinner and also that will cut with less chips, to cut various tile types.

not sure if it matters but is has 750w motor.
Any reviews on some blades would be much appreciated.

Thanks
D

U

Unused Account 1

You need to get different blades for porcelain and stone and ceramics,mess on but better in long run

P

p4ulo

What wet saw have you got mate, you'll get some better advice with that being known.
Sounds like a VITREX 750 Pro to me, cos that's what I've got. And - blades are quite often tile specific.
If you are cutting thin, soft porcelain glazed tiles (metro etc) then a continuous rim diamond blade would do it....I've got a standard Vitrex blade for them and to be fair, I think anything would go through them cleanly.
Lots of positive comments about MONTOLIT DNA Blade but I think the fellas are using those on DEWALTS / Big RUBI's etc.
I did buy a MARCRIST blade once for my Vitrex, and it literally smashed its way through the tiles, it cut very quickly, but left a nasty looking gash with loads of chippage.....probs using it on the wrong tile TBH but it frightened the hell outa me!!

Last edited by a moderator:
U

Unused Account 1

So much choice now on tools and blades etc ,just as well with customers getting more fussy lol,keep the good work lads lol

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi fellas
It's a mac alistair from tradepoint, bought before I found the forum, lol.!
And it had a 700+x600+ table. Looked at the vitrex, had I found the forum before the purchase I probably would have bought different. What I find is that the blade chips even ceramic, plus I think a thinner blade would be better.
I've bought from ats Sean, some tidy looking drill bits so would quite happily by again if that's a good option.
Looked at the spectrum ultimate blade which has a few good reviews, think I remember 3fall mentioning spectrum as a good blade for grinders so might be good for wet saws.

U

Unused Account 1

Some of the blades to aggressive for ceramics ,ceramic only blades cheap mate

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The blade it came with was one that cover all types,
So which ones if going for one blade for one type of tile ?

Ceramic ?
Porcelain ?
Nat stone?

Cheers

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I do find when replacing the blade in a wet cutter if you don't get the same thickness as the original blade then it snags on the guard when trying to push the tile through.....right pain in the buttocks! !!

O

Old Mod

Looked at the spectrum ultimate blade which has a few good reviews, think I remember 3fall mentioning spectrum as a good blade for grinders so might be good for wet saws.
Not me @Wishiwasatoptiler, not familiar with that blade mate.

I generally get a good quality smooth continuous rim blade with a J slot if I can.
Good quality ones will cut porcelain and ceramics alike.
Turbo blades tend to be too aggressive for ceramics.
Rubi do reasonably priced 180 blades, I get them for my TC180 and find they cope well for the money.
I use Montolit DNA's on my bridge saw tho.
Very high quality with a price tag to match tho.

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Not me @Wishiwasatoptiler, not familiar with that blade mate.

I generally get a good quality smooth continuous rim blade with a J slot if I can.
Good quality ones will cut porcelain and ceramics alike.
Turbo blades tend to be too aggressive for ceramics.
Rubi do reasonably priced 180 blades, I get them for my TC180 and find they cope well for the money.
I use Montolit DNA's on my bridge saw tho.
Very high quality with a price tag to match tho.

Thanks for that, I'll look into them, must have mixed you with another thread!

I do find when replacing the blade in a wet cutter if you don't get the same thickness as the original blade then it snags on the guard when trying to push the tile through.....right pain in the buttocks! !!

Thanks for top tip, hadn't thought of that.
Cheers
D

kevsalt

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
black diamind pc blades are really good ..nice and thin ..good on virtually anything with minimal chipping..i only use these at moment well happy with em

Reply to Wet Saw Blade Advice in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks