Search the forum,

Discuss Wet Room Advice Please in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Lakey

TF
Reaction score
Evening chaps..

Run a small company installing kitchens and bathrooms & have been asked to tile a new build wet room.
We have done a couple of wet rooms a few years back now and were wondering what are the latest recommended products?
One stud wall has been boarded out with what looks like 6mm ply and one is bare stud work, the masonry walls are bare block work.
The floor is 18mm ply.
The plumber is fitting a inset tray (not sure of brand)
My thoughts are to 12mm Wedi/Dukka board the stud work that hasn't been boarded and 6mm Wedi/Dukka the stud walls that have been plyed.
The block work wall I was going to dot n dab 12mm Wedi with flexi addy.
I was then going to 6mm Wedi + UFH mat + SLC the floor.
I was then going to tape and join joints with tanking.
The tiles are 600x400 porcelain for the walls & 900x200 plank effect porcelain for the floor.

Is this the generally accepted way to doo things or is it a bit OTT?

Any guidance/comments would be greatly appreciated.

C

Colour Republic

Nothings OTT with a wetroom!

To be honest I would remove the ply from the walls altogether and start again.

Also on the floor I would go for at least 10mm wedi or however thick you can get away with without raising the height too much. Not because 6mm isn't suitable but more because 10mm is the minimum I use when UFH is involved. Heats up quicker and is more efficient.

jobdone

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
If you are laying insulation board then ufh plus slc then it will be worth working out the height of this make up and working with the plumber on the install if the tray as it will need to be higher than the ply.

Lakey

TF
Reaction score
Yeah you're right, I need to find out what tray is being used as I only saw the job a couple of days ago and it's a shell at the mo. Am th Making of using Shluter instead of Wedi. Have you had any experience with this product?

Reply to Wet Room Advice Please in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen