Discuss Wall Trowel Size x Tile size in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

Jimmy Boy

If your setting 33cm x 22cm tiles, what trowel size would you use ?

Is 6mm trowel too small ?

G

grumpygrouter

If your setting 33cm x 22cm tiles, what trowel size would you use ?

Is 6mm trowel too small ?
In my opinion, a lot depends on how flat your walls are. If they are bang flat , try using a 6mm trowel, put up a few tiles and see what coverage you are getting. If it is not enough, go up a bit.

If the walls are a bit iffy, a bigger notch will help. How thick are the tiles?

Grumpy

J

Jimmy Boy

Thanx for the advice Grumpy.
They are 9mm thick .. started putting a few up but came across a small bow in the plaster board, think its a stud, nothing much but it meant I had to back butter the next tile a little, so I stopped and was going to pop out and get a larger trowel in the morning but wanted you guys opinion first.

W

White Room

Also depends on what addy your using if you go down the 10mm trowel route because the wall's are that bad your'll need powdered adhsive, will be to much for tub stuff

J

Jimmy Boy

Ok

Can you give me some more advice on trowel sizes and adhesives for tiling walls that are iffy please. Like, what depth of bed can you reasonably go up to, to overcome defects and what adhesives would you recommend for deeper beds of addy on walls.

Thanx Jimbo

Reply to Wall Trowel Size x Tile size in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
What would you guys do with the walls to prep for fitting 1200mm x 600mm Onice Verde (Porcelain)...
Replies
Views
Good Evening, I installed 12x24 wall tile in my shower remodel. I realize now that I should have...
Replies
Views
Hello I have an external hollow block wall which is really brittle and uneven. Although I will...
Replies
Views
How would you go about tiling a floor and or wall that's massively out of plumb ? When things...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay