Discuss Wall substrate for fireplace area in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm hoping that someone can help me out here as I am unsure how to proceed. I'm putting up large format tile, 2 feet x 4 feet, over my firewall and around the TV on the left. To the right side of the fireplace will be drywall and on the left side, 2 feet of the wall will be drywall. Fireplace manufacturer wants cement board up to the steel stud. So the question is what would you put down for the rest of the areas? All cement board or can you get away with drywall? Tiles weigh 17kg each. For either option do you need to tape the seams?

Thank you in advance,
Paul

Attachments

• 20210222_135240.jpg
    385.5 KB · Views: 9

Reply to Wall substrate for fireplace area in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks