UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Van off the road in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Left work the other night and my power steering had failed. Could see the fluid trickling out the pump so drove it straight to my local garage and posted key through the letterbox with a note.

The pump had basically exploded and I have just had a call to say that they have just fitted a new one and it too exploded after 100 yards.
So there is no pressure getting to the pump so likely will turn out to be the steering rack.

My question is, where do I stand with regards to the final bill - will I be expected to foot the bill for both pumps and labour?

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
They rang this morning to say the pump had detonated (which I knew) and that a new pump was the only fix. If it is the steering rack then I would expect the bill to be for the steering rack , pump and labour. Seems unfair to be charged the £260 for todays work as all it has done is serve as diagnostics.

Last edited:

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
That's what I'm hoping Mike. If I change a faulty pump in a customers airing cupboard and it fails because of a dodgy port valve there's no way I would think of charging them, I'd have to swallow it.

Yes Liz I told them to go ahead as they said a new pump was the only way to fix it.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Van off the road in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

‎50 shades of Chav. "As he approached with those pasty white arms hanging out of his Gola vest...
Replies
Views
charlie1
C
My best mate is selling his 2002 VW Caddy if anybody is interested. It's a minter, has been...
Replies
Views
my partner steve , tiling partner that is dont get wrong idea took our van down to perry,s ...
Replies
Views
G
If I ever was cool that is.. For the past year I have been working with my brother since our...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D
J
Not had a good day today :thumbsdown: was having a quick bite to eat an a brew when theres...
Replies
Views
Stewart
S

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.