Search the forum,

Discuss V small ensuite floor prep in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

samwich

Hi there, wonder if you can help - a mate wants his 2.5 metres squared ensuite floor in his newbuild house tiling as cheap as possible. I've only tiled onto concrete so far and looked at the floor and it's flat, hard, v sturdy and I'm not sure what it is!Chipboard, plywood?My question is, can I just use flexi adhesive and maybe screw a few more nails in as he doesn't want to pay much and even if I added 6mm hardibacker the floor would raise higher than the door which couldn't be planed as it's hollow and he'd have to get another?
many thanks

D

DHTiling

hi samwich..

If the floor is solid and fixed well......then you can use BAL fastflex...and grout with BAL wide joint grout and GT1 admix......but i prefer to overboard..just to make sure......good luck and let us know how you get on...and maybe some pics eh.?..:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
G

grumpygrouter

Dave is the man to listen to, as always. You might be better screwing screws in and not nails though. Unusual technique that!:grin:

Grumpy

S

samwich

YEs, thanks for that!Wrote the thread fast, that's my excuse. Right, off to hammer some screws in. Joke.

Reply to V small ensuite floor prep in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen